xbox wont read backups

jaycee1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello, can anyone help me please, my xbox wont play backups anymore, and the screens in black and white, it was working fine a couple of days ago,
when it was working at startup there was a purple triangle in the corner that said "evox" now that isnt appearing, i take it thats the name of the chip thats fitted in it, please help the kids are doing my head in.:banana::banana:

i did not make a reply to this when you 1st posted it as its been a long a go that i played with the old xbox so i was thinking that someone with more info then me would reply ...lol

evox is a dashboard or it can be a bios on a mod chip that is fitted to your xbox

but i am thinking in this case its a dashboard ,,is the xbox starting up ok and going into the dashboard

if you put a backup disk in the drive then boot it ,will it boot the disk ?

edit

you might have a read here might give you a few tips

[DLMURL]http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/evolution-x-tutorial.php[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply ,any backup i put in it wont accept it just says invalid disc,
originals work ok but they are black and white????

It's a long long time since I played about with these m8, (even though I still have a couple as media centres for streaming).

What screen appears when you boot with no disk in? Is it similar to this one >>
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
and is it the same screen that appeared before your problems?
One thing I do remember is that a non-region disk will play in black and white i.e. a PAL disk in an NTSC machine and vice-versa, could be a red herring that though.

Without knowing if it's been hardmodded (with a modchip) or softmodded (by software exploit) it's hard to advise. Although if it's been hardmodded, using a Slayers or AID (Auto Install Deluxe) disk would get you back to where you were I reckon, providing the chip install is still ok.

thanks for the reply, its a modchip for sure, the screens black and white on boot up so its not the disks, ive checked all the cables as well,
looks like ill have to go get another one,it will be cheaper than getting it repaired,:Clap::Clap::Clap:
thanks for the help.:Cheers:

Back