XBMC and XBMP

Mubz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gi'day...

i've been using my xbox for years mow as a media centre with absolutely no probs what so ever..
so i decided to get one for my folks so i could stick a load of movies/TV shows so i didn't have to keep burning them DVD's...
so i got one from flea bay and it seams to work fine.
I set it up on my network using XBMC to stream from my PC, absolutly no probs there.
I started to FTP some files over to check it and they just will not play when I use XBMP.
the thing is there were already some movies on the drive that play fine...
i've made sure the extension are the same and also the attributes is set up to wr-r-r

so wot the buggery is going on???

some help would be great as its a birthday present for yesterday lol...

Mubz

What are the file extensions...???

I know that xbmc/xbmp has a problem with .mkv files....

Why xbmp? xbmc will play everything and music and it keeps it simpler for them. Then you can set it up to boot straight to xbmc and put everything in the relevant folders, movies, music, pictures.

cheers man, but don't i feel like the noob :(
i just assumed the XBMP was for a non network setup...
tried and working....

but how do you get it to boot into XBMC???
:err:

Mubz

cheers man, but don't i feel like the noob :(
i just assumed the XBMP was for a non network setup...
tried and working....

but how do you get it to boot into XBMC???
:err:

Mubz

XBMP is reallly old now. XBMC was XBMPs replacement. Are you trying to boot directly into XBMC?

Are you trying to boot directly into XBMC?

I had a little mess around with it last night but couldn't get it to boot directly into XBMC
is there any tuts out there for that??

Mubz

I had a little mess around with it last night but couldn't get it to boot directly into XBMC
is there any tuts out there for that??

Mubz

Will need 2 know the dasboard your using and how its modded

I'm using slayer and it's hard modded, but I'm not sure what kind of chip I'm running

Mubz

you can also download cds that will set it up for you, ill have a scout about and send u the link if u want mate

you can also download cds that will set it up for you, ill have a scout about and send u the link if u want mate

that would be sweet if you could :)

i'll have a bash at that Purity, but the CD does sound alot easier :)

Mubz

Back