X-Box Softmodding : The HotSwap Method

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
THis is my first tutorial. even thoes its just a recomple of an tutorial the author had been acknowladged....

Its currently a V1.. once i have added the Last section which shows u to add apps with the Slayers autoinstall Disk :)

Let me know what u think..

In PDF Format..

neorage said:
THis is my first tutorial. even thoes its just a recomple of an tutorial the author had been acknowladged....

Its currently a V1.. once i have added the Last section which shows u to add apps with the Slayers autoinstall Disk :)

Let me know what u think..

In PDF Format..
Great Tut, thanks for the hrlp

Need help. I have tried to follow the tut but after typing UDE it says cant detect HDD and connect to master and reboot (something along those lines) any ideas?

Hey can this method be done on a brand new ide HDD, say 120gb or can it only be done on a original xbox HDD? Reason I ask it will probably be cheaper for me to buy a new HDD than a modchip... I buggered my original HDD by unlocking it and not backing up the eeprom etc.

bally12345 said:
Hey can this method be done on a brand new ide HDD, say 120gb or can it only be done on a original xbox HDD? Reason I ask it will probably be cheaper for me to buy a new HDD than a modchip... I buggered my original HDD by unlocking it and not backing up the eeprom etc.

Unfortunatly not as u need the locking key to lock the new HDD to the Xbox,

A Chip is the only way for you im afraid..

i have tried this but cudnt find hdd manager via ftp. someone please help.
thanks.

i am trying to softmod using the hot swap method.

if someone can guide me through this. thanks

PS. have read the tut on hotswap.

Last edited:
well i found all the files i need,,,,
but for some reason. my pc didnt like linux, and it didnt load up. and kept restarting the computer.

so i have given up on this hotswap and gone to the splinter cell exploit method. which is dead easy. dont even have the open xbox . :)

Eeekkk

Can anyone Help with this. I have followed this tutorial and got my dash installed and all was hunky dory.

I then tried to install gentoox on this box and it failed. instead of just trying again i thought it may have been because the hd was locked so i put slayers disc in and unlocked the hardrive. I then rebooted and i now get an error code 5 (unlocked hardrive)

I am currently searching for a way to remedy this but if anyone has a quickfire solution.

I did try and go trhough the hotswp again and it seemed to work. I got all the same prompts plus a few more as i was replacing files that were in effect already there. But when i finished this and rebooted again it comes up wiht error code 5.
Now i understand this is because hd is locked and the standard bios will not boot the locked drive but can i use the cd i burned wiht this guide to relock the hardrive????

i am so sorry to hear that. im sure someone will help. i dont know jack about xboxes still learning. i think you can lock the hardisk using unleashX

ohhh i think you will most defo need to buy a MODCHIP mate. maybe wrong here.

and please stop staring at my car dashboard on my display pic.

johnbhoy has been hovering in this thread for sooo long now and pity no one seems to help...... lol sorry mate but i dont really no otherwise i wudda helpd ya..

johnbohy i had the same probs ended up fitting a xecuter 2.6CE to sort it though gave me the oppertunity to fit a 160gb hdd :banana:
i couldnt find a way out of not even to restore the xbox without a chip though dont mean there isnt a way!!

and nice dash hacker999

i think ull need a modchip. if it gets locked in another modded xbox its locked to that xbox i think

yuo looks that way, have just order exec 2.6 ce as i already have one of these and it works lovely. nice n easy to flash via http

You will need a chip..

SoftMod Xboxex Cant Have the HDD unlocked..

sorry dude.

suggest xenium SPlice..

Bro softmodded xboxs can have the hd unlocked. well with my softmod exploit anyways. I left a post earlier saying about slayers disc i dont like it coz it does crap like this and then people go buy a chip lol :D. 100% i can put a 200gig hd in my softmodded xbox now and i mean its fresh from the shop or w/e ;@)

Back