wrongly flashed DBox2

bloodyell i will - struggling here - if i dont get this working ill be in the divorce courts....

you should be watching the match mate, not messing about on here ! lololol

yeah man i told him to try ifa 2 so good luck.

hey - i was up in newcastle on sunday and monday working - never been there before - there was a footy match i believe as i was kept awake in the hotel by police cars and dog vans going up and down till about 3 in the morning - har har

twas the biggest game of the season man.........thats prolly why.......

yeah dont i know it - the taxi driver was from sunderland - he was virutally in tears all the way to the airport....

your poor poor soul you..................should have made that known to the " locals " lolololol

real good matches the derbies. just pleased we beat the mackems. still no joy with that mate. if not i'd suggest just buying a cross over cable just so you know it's all wired up right. only about 3quid. i should be wathing the match but cant as waiting for memory extension for box as evo camd is not working on my piece of shit!

heh - well its not only me that has problems - i think i might be getting a little bit further - i was just scanning through posts and googling for it.....came across someone who suggested i should set the range to 192.168.1.98 - my router is in the 192.168.0 range so ive done that - also i held the up arrow down as i was powering the box up - now i get the initial check and then it scrolls up the screen three times "like youve hit the carriage return 3 times...." and then nothing - but it doesnt say flashing either......

i would try and get rid of the router for now and go direct matey...process of Elimination

i agree with dibbers. get rid of the router. use a crossover cable and null modem cable if you have one. also make sure you've got no firewalls on. if you use ifa you dont need to change ip either as it works without doing that

whey hey - got it working at last - the answer was a clean built machine ( i was reading another post from someone else who suggested it ) so i brought the box into work and did it - straight on - no problems - i used an old dell p3 optiplex with a windows 2000 clean build and service pack 4. First time - thanks very much you boys for all the help - no i can start to experiment with some images.......que next post for a broken dbox.....

Back