wrong data transmission

doverai

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Could someone help me with an issue I am experiencing? I have a Technomate TM500 and I receive error message 'Wrong Data Transmission' on some channels including sky sports 4, sky sports news, sky action, sky comedy etc.

The issue this is intermitten and sometimes these channels work sometimes I receive the error message.

I have downloaded the satellites.xml file and imported onto my box but no luck.I have also done a manual search and still the problem persists.
I have a standard bsky b dish point at 28.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I get exactly the same problem on the tm600 on a few channels on 19.2 east. I thought it was a loose connection or dodgy cable from the dish but not had chance to mess about with yet. So I'd be interested if anyone knows what usually causes this too.

I get exactly the same problem on the tm600 on a few channels on 19.2 east. I thought it was a loose connection or dodgy cable from the dish but not had chance to mess about with yet. So I'd be interested if anyone knows what usually causes this too.

it means that your dish is out of line slightly i have fitted loads of these, seems to be more of an issue those with later images, try and fine tune your dish and this will sought out your problem, hope this helps

this is a signal issue, it usually happens when a channel changes transponder or frequency, i have had it happen a few times where the lnb's have been faulty, try tweak the dish, and or lnb to get max signsl & quality, perhaps try change the lnb.

channels have shifted transponder and your favourites are out of date?

try looking for the channel on all channel list, or updating to latest bouquet ala tonedeff.

happens sometimes....

if its every channel then definatly dish signal alignment type problem, just one or two mainly sky sports etc etc i think just shifted.

I have this issue as well on a TM-600, it is intermittent on different satellites and channels. I get the "wrong data transmission" even when the picture is showing on fta channels. I dont think it is an alignment issue as I am able to pull in very weak channels off 7W with a low agc/snr and a high ber and they seem to be ok. It mostly happens when jumping transponders frequency's.
Wish they could fix this, or at least put a "time out" on the banner so it dissapears after 3 sec.

I would rescan the channel, no more error then.
Had this problem when using a channellist that was not scanned by TM linux receiver.

You can dissable onscreen error msg in the expert menu !

Thanks guys for all your tips.

I whave rescanned and still I recieve the error message. I think it could be with the actual satalite so i will play with on saturday

Thanks again

Re-send your saved channel list to the box and it will clear providing the channels haven't changed transponders.

Afternoon

I have spent all morning fiddling with the sky dish positioning and made it worse, Now all my channels receive 'wrong data transmission' error. I will purchase a sat finder and was wondering if anyone could recommend any ?

Thanks

the cheap beeping kind with a moving needle and sensitivity adjustment knob, will be fine m8, you can get them pretty exact with this kind of meter and theyre only a few quid.

Back