wpa on tp link question

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guys

i have a tp link 108m wireless router that im trying to put on to wpa security the model number is tl-wr642g

it is working perfectly but i guess every man and his dog is connecting to it at the moment
i have enabled wpa/wpa2 but its asking for radius ip now what do i enter here?
also it has the option of wpapsk and wpa/psk which one should i choose?

thanks for your patience

You dont want to use RADIUS unless you have a RADIUS server, is there an option for PSK or something similar?

You dont want to use RADIUS unless you have a RADIUS server, is there an option for PSK or something similar?

hi yes there is psk on here do i choose this and just setup a passphrase?
is this all i have to change?

Yup, PSK stands for pre-shared key. Just enter what you like in here and set the AP to use it. Then, when you try to connect to the WLAN you will be prompted to enter a key - just enter the key you created and it should let you in.

Yup, PSK stands for pre-shared key. Just enter what you like in here and set the AP to use it. Then, when you try to connect to the WLAN you will be prompted to enter a key - just enter the key you created and it should let you in.

thanks it says encryption tkip or aes? or should i leave auto?
and 1 more thing it is set to 54 mbps but will goto 108 mbps but asks if static or dynamic what should i set this too?

thanks

thanks it says encryption tkip or aes? or should i leave auto?
and 1 more thing it is set to 54 mbps but will goto 108 mbps but asks if static or dynamic what should i set this too?

thanks
leave it on auto.

Do you have a super-g wlan adapter? If you do, then you can set it to 10Mbps. If not, leave it at 54Mpbs.

leave it on auto.

Do you have a super-g wlan adapter? If you do, then you can set it to 10Mbps. If not, leave it at 54Mpbs.

yeah i have the super-g adapter so its all set up now for super g thanks man

Back