Would you recommend the Openbox?

dj1981ni

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Technomate TM500 at the min, works fine, no issues, but my servers offer full HD so I thinking I may aswell make use of them, would you recommend this box? And can I put CCCam and the likes on it?

You are in exactly the same boat as I was. Yes Yes Yes, this box for the price oozes quality. The picture is fantastic and in my opinion is up there with a SkyHD box. PVR works , easy set up and box looks good too. A winner all the way. TM500 is a good box also but has a few flaws like widescreen issue etc. This does not.

You are in exactly the same boat as I was. Yes Yes Yes, this box for the price oozes quality. The picture is fantastic and in my opinion is up there with a SkyHD box. PVR works , easy set up and box looks good too. A winner all the way. TM500 is a good box also but has a few flaws like widescreen issue etc. This does not.

Thanks for that, think i'm gonna get one, for £100 can't go wrong.

hi m8 what software are you using are you getting any rebooting problems

How can the PVR be compared to skyHD+ if there is no real epg on this box to speak of or am I mistaken?

Ok the epg is not the best but the timer is an absolute doddle to set.

I gotta say I bought one just for a test with the idea of selling it on again but I think I'll keep it now, it's a great little box for the money and the pic quality is brilliant if they get the rebooting problems fixed it'll be a winner all the way.

I meant the picture quality mate , I'm sure that is what I wrote anyway.

I don't get any rebooting problems at all. I got the image for the box from another site which I cannot mention here but if you google you will find it. The channels that cuased it to reboot have been removed. I took the channel list from there and dumped just the list. i have since put the October image on the box and put that channel list back on and still have no rebooting problems.

Last edited:
If you are just looking for a simple box to watch hd on then this is a very good box for the money.

2 problems are there is only a now and next epg and you have to be on the channel to see it and second the channels list is very poor and you can only set 8 favourite boxes so have to join things like new and foriegn groups together.

If you are just looking for a simple box to watch hd on then this is a very good box for the money.

2 problems are there is only a now and next epg and you have to be on the channel to see it and second the channels list is very poor and you can only set 8 favourite boxes so have to join things like new and foriegn groups together.

I maybe wrong but certainly on sly you only ever got now and next anyway.

I maybe wrong but certainly on sly you only ever got now and next anyway.

On the open source linux boxes like Dreambox,Technomate and Vu duo you can utilise plugins to get a full 7 day epg. Granted they cost a bit more. But some people may be expecting this with this box.

I used to have a trusty old snooker cue at the side of me, served as a great remote for years and never needed batteries.

Back