• No, Toyota are a bunch of noobs

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Since everyone is scared and the price has dropped, hell yes

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I'll stick with my Ford

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it not usually the big red button with the triangle on it in the middle of the dashboard in most makes of car? If not, people should be aware of where their hazard light button is in their particular make of car.

Just quoting from the INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED MOTORISTS mate.

Wasn't having dig, yes it is usualy red with a warning triangle in the middle of the dash. But think about it would the average motorist be able to locate it without taking there eyes off the road and losing concentration for a couple of seconds? At motorway speeds while panicing and trying to remember how to deal with a situation they haven't had to deal with before those couple of seconds could be critical.

It's just my own opinion based on people bringing their cars in not knowing how to switch off their fog lamps or with electric windows not working because they didn't realise they've locked them. They're more likely to eject the cd or turn the ac on if they dont look for the hazard switch.

The institute of advanced motorists is assuming all drivers are the type who have done an advanced driving course and has practised these types of incidents (which wouldn't be a bad thing to do as part of the driving test).

thebigman

I'd definitely buy one... but I already own one - well a Lexus IS200, but everyone I work with calls it a glorified Toyota :D

still good cars and reliable than most... however a slightly tarnished rep now and they'll have to get their PR team to work double overtime in order to set it straight...

even after all the bad press id still part with my hard earned cash.ther reputation may be bit tarnished now but give it 6months and all will be forgotten.

still good cars and reliable than most... however a slightly tarnished rep now and they'll have to get their PR team to work double overtime in order to set it straight...

If DW is to be taken as a general slice of public opinion then I'd say Toyota have nothing to worry about in the long run.

There's not a single person who has said they'd chose another manufacturer and everyone has had nothing but praise for them.

Well they experienced a worldwide sales drop in January (35% in the USA), but I'm sure they'll recover over time.

There's no doubting their reliability and the fact that they hold their value well, but, apart from the Celica, which they stopped making last year, they're just...so...boring.

Had a lexus is200 but as we should all know fancy name for Toyota, have to say had it for 5 years no problem always starts and was always reliable. Heavy on the petrol but when it comes to starting in the morning cold or freezing it never gave me a problem. Sold it the other day for a stupid £1800 pounds to a friend and he told 3 days later he got £2800 for it. what a kick in the teath!

Anyway good cars and have another one anyday.

There's not a single person who has said they'd chose another manufacturer and everyone has had nothing but praise for them.

without a doubt m8. i myself would pick a toyota over most cars, vauxhall, ford, renault etc

i just think if they accepted that there was a problem earlier instead of denying until it became very serious then then they would have further enhanced their reputation.

now they're having to go back on what they initially said and its backfired on them.

Sold it the other day for a stupid £1800 pounds to a friend and he told 3 days later he got £2800 for it. what a kick in the teath!

not much of friend then m8? lol

Last edited:
yes if they made a car i wanted they should be cheaper now after the scare

edogg

I'd definitely buy one... but I already own one - well a Lexus IS200, but everyone I work with calls it a glorified Toyota :D

L(uxery)E(xport)US(united states)

edogg

I just think if they accepted that there was a problem earlier instead of denying until it became very serious then then they would have further enhanced their reputation.

now they're having to go back on what they initially said and its backfired on them.

Nice to see that somebody's been paying attention. :Clap:

Some posters seem to think that they owned up and said sorry without having to be forced into it.

Back