• I'll stick with my Ford

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
In light of recent events would you now buy a Toyota?

yes, good cars, and id rather have a company recall and admit faults than companies that dont and wont admit fault and do free recalls.

beemers with the big wheels being one i recently saw on watchdog and the other one i cant remeber off the top of my head with the dodgy dashboards.

at least toyota build good cars and admit when they f*ck up.

thumbs up from me and i dont and have not owned one.

i voted yes and i have one of the other choices lol a ford, not car tho van.

yes, good cars, and id rather have a company recall and admit faults than companies that dont and wont admit fault and do free recalls.

beemers with the big wheels being one i recently saw on watchdog and the other one i cant remeber off the top of my head with the dodgy dashboards.

at least toyota build good cars and admit when they f*ck up.

thumbs up from me and i dont and have not owned one.

i voted yes and i have one of the other choices lol a ford, not car tho van.

100% agree m8.

Made mistake of buying other makes after having had a toyota. never again.

Not a Toyota owner either but I'm hoping they drop in price so I can get one. A nice blue Avensis will do me.

/Suzuki owner and 2 recalls later I'd still buy another.

I don't have one but I would buy one no problem, I served my time as a car mechanic and they are the most reliable cars on the road, we only ever had to do servicing on them. As there ad used to say "The car in front is a Toyota"

At work we still have a K reg Hilux thats done moon milage, still starts first time everytime.
Unlike the Crappy transits we use most of the time.
Personally i only buy German Or Jap and yes i would buy a Toyota as they admit the fault and they are putting right the problem.

Just watched the 10 o'clock news. The Japanese bosses at Toyota said they were sorry and that it wouldn't happen again and not much else. Totally believed them. If it were Ford, Vauxhall, Renault et al I would find it difficult to believe but my heart went out to them ( bizzarre I know ).

Jap crap used to ring true. We need to sort ourselves out like they did.

Never owned one but I know a few people who do and they can't fault them.

I'd consider buying a used model.

Old toyota corolla I used to have as a teenager never flackerd never even put oil in for 2 year and sold it on.

was proper bullet proof mazda 323 aswell love em

Had a wee corolla a few years back and in 3yrs it never gave me a days work under the bonnet.
It was as exciting as eating flour to drive and the interior looked like darth vaders cabin but i couldnt fault it.

I have a company owned Toyota Prius (my choice).

Have done 80000 miles since March 2008

Absolutely love it and its very cost effective for me tax -wise.

Apart from servicing and tyres no problem, although it does scratch pretty easily

I own a toyota celica,and to be honest i cant fault it,this is my 2nd celica,100% reliable.I would buy another toyota without hesitation.

I'd have one, owned a celica nearly 20 year ago, loved it. The japs moved car manufacturing quality control to a new level and I believe they are deeply embarrased by this. All manufacturers have recalls, perversly they generally help the dealers as the dvla give up to date owner details to the manufacturer so they can contact them, brings people into the dealerships.

thebigman

I'm in the market for a cheap replacement car.

I've been searching for a small family car from Toyota for around £3000 on a 52 plate or newer, but the prices are outwith my budget.

They seem to keep their value very well.

Name a car maker that aint had a recall, if you look on the VOSA web site you will see cars from Skoda's to Bentleys being recalled.

Check out the VOSA web site here:

VOSA - Vehicle Recalls

If i had the money id buy a DB9s but they are shit and unrealiable but would still buy one tomorrow

I'd have no problems buying one. Found this if you, or someone you know, are worried about the accelerator sticking:

How to deal with a stuck accelerator

The Institute of Advance Motorists (IAM) is giving advice on how to deal with a jammed accelerator pedal following Toyota's worldwide recall.

It's important to note the following steps:

1. Stay calm; there's no reason to panic.
2. Press the brake pedal firmly with your right foot; you may need to press it much harder than usual.
3. In a manual car, depress the clutch fully and shift the car into neutral; in an automatic, shift the gear lever into neutral.
4. Identify a safe route to the side of the road ahead.
5. Turn on your hazard lights and steer smoothly to the safe area.
6. Only when you have come to a complete stop should you turn off the engine.

Stephen Mead, IAM Assistant Chief Examiner, said: "Keep calm - surprisingly the perception of the average driver with a stuck accelerator is that they can't brake either, but this is a misconception brought on by panic.

"Press the brake firmly, then the clutch, disengaging the power. In an automatic, drivers should brake, wait for a reaction from the vehicle and then put the car into neutral," added Mr Mead.

If the pedal remains jammed there will be a lot of noise from the engine revving, but Mead says: "a stuck accelerator isn't actually the disaster it sounds."

Advice from other organisations including the AA suggests that drivers keep calm, brake and find a safe spot to pull over.

In rare cases, it may not be possible to carry out all of the above. There are other tips to keep in mind:

- If the brakes fail, the parking brake can be used to slow the car down.
- If you succeed in engaging neutral, be prepared for the fact that the engine will make a lot of noise; this is nothing to worry about.
- If all else fails, switching off the ignition is an option, though it's likely that the steering wheel will lock and it will lead to a loss of power steering and brakes in most cars; this should only be done if nothing else works.

Source

5. Turn on your hazard lights and steer smoothly to the safe area.

I wouldn't bother with the hazard lights, most people would have to take their eyes off the road to look where to find the switch loosing concetration and making the situation more dangerous.

thebigman

I wouldn't bother with the hazard lights, most people would have to take their eyes off the road to look where to find the switch loosing concetration and making the situation more dangerous.

thebigman

Is it not usually the big red button with the triangle on it in the middle of the dashboard in most makes of car? If not, people should be aware of where their hazard light button is in their particular make of car.

Just quoting from the INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED MOTORISTS mate.

Back