would this make any difference?

the link dosnt show me anything but to be honest mate i repair xboxs and once a xbox rrod after repair its just gonna keep doing it ... :(

ste

changed the link now. Just thought that extra cooling might make the difference

i bought one of them m8 and it is noisy as feck, also if that was to be fitted i think it would benefit if you cut hole in side of case for it to draw air in.

the one i tried it on was a repeat offender so was was a last ditch effort before it went in the bin.

just had a look might cool it down a bit more but as i said once they go there bound to go again...
has the console got the rubber things on the ram chips underneith if not you could put them on they help also do the 12v fan mod its loud but it keeps it cool.

iv got a 2010 Xbox from microsoft im gonna flash with LT if your interested in getting a new one.

dude sorry to say but once RROD then there's no going back unfortunately :(

so did it go in the bin?

the xbox did m8, it was too far gone, i been looking for the fan but cant find it.

as i got a brand new one sealed in box for £40 and bought another of the bay for a score, never been opened and was rrod, baked the board in the oven @ 200 degrees for 12 mins and it been going great since, and only put xclamps back on.

so is the "oven method" one you would recommend?

well i did do it on a box which had not been done before at all.

I tried the heat gun method on forementioned duff box and in the end i killed the board.

So after i baked the one in the oven, i tried the duff one in the oven but i upped the temp and same time but those few extra degrees melted the wee blue buttong thing on board.

there is a thread on oven method which i followed, except i used dry dishtowel then tin foil, anyone who tries to lift something hot with wet or damp cloth will realise it not goot lol. and also put heavy sockets on the chips.

it worked for m8 and i would not want you to do it and kill the thing it the chance you take i guess.

Think I'll give the heatgun method a go. Can only fook it up once lol.

Ive actually bought a bga rework station (£1500) and will be completely reballing 360's soon at a reasonable price.

So you did get the bga station then m8. bet your like a dog with two dicks! How much is reasonable fella?

its probably gonna be around the 30 quid mark. i just want to do the batch ive got before im let loose on other peoples, just incase i screw it up.

Bga is much more difficult than other types of soldering. ive managed to replace a few bga chips on modems as testers and feel ready to try 360's now.

Back