360 won't read games...what's the best cause for this machine? none modded

Well that didn't work then, dang it! changed the laser and nothing, just spins and reads and then says "open tray" do I need to adjust the pots?

Reading 6.02 so I guess that's a yes then......

took it down to 3.50 and still nothing....open tray! dam thing!

Last edited:
Well tried all sorts,

and nothing....laser is working and that as can see it light up and the disk and the tray all closes fine and the disk spins etc, mare!

Depends, If the pot is set to around about 5.00 ish then the disk spins and it tries to read, then just back to the message, open tray. Just wanted a quick fix as well for this machine and can't even see any spare liteons 83850c's any where as would just swap the board, If I read the key from this machine and put it on another machine then it should be fine, but I can't afford to take the risk what so ever with it. doing my head in as I don't have a spare spindle that I can plop on the game after I've adjusted it, meaning that I have to keep putting the drive back together and then trying it! doing my head right in now!

..............something that I wanted to stay clear of, until some one confirms what 20ohms reading it should be I have no chance, I've read any where from 3.0 above and nothing below, some say it's a game of luck, others say that you need to be spot on and just keep nudging it a nano from 3.0 up to about 6.0, If I have to get it spot on (which I have a feeling I will need too) I haven't got the time for this machine at the moment, why can you just not pick up a 83850C any where? there like rocking horse poop...!

I wanted to stay away from any flashing even though I would not be writing LT, so future updates and that should work ( I do know of machines out there that have had replacement drives, the same type and there all working still, keys copied over etc.) Just didn't want to take the chance with this machine, all though it's looking like I'm going to have to.

Dibbers check the wires that are soldered to the pcb , as i had a dodgy drive that still showed open tray after i had fitted a new laser
and it turned out to be some dodgy soldering on the red and black wires.

Thanks, OK checked, white makes a circuit when the drive is closed, and yellow makes a circuit when the drive is open So I presume the contacts are working OK.

White = Closed.
Yellow = Open.

Only other ones are the red/black and they work as the tray closes and opens with the motor.

Dam thing.....any other suggestions mate, Any ideas what the reading should be?

I was very careful with the replacement and the drive and the worm screw, and the laser, never touched it, solder points all ready removed, guess it has to be bang on the button? (makes sense really.)

Any ideas where to get a replacement 83850C ?

Cheers for your ears.

Dibbs.

Back