need some info

maxman

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK so straight of I am completly new to this so please be patient, I have read through the dummies guide to flashing 2008 nd also the jungle flasher guide, now I just need to confirm what tools I need first of, I have ordered a Samsung SH-D162D to first of all back up games, ill flash this once it comes, also I have ordered VIA VT6421 3 SATA VIA VT6421 3 SATA + 1 IDE port Serial ATA RAID PCI Card on eBay (end time 03-Sep-09 19:40:39 BST), and again I have ordered a Team Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 Pro with the liteon solderless probe,Team Xecuter Xbox 360 Connectivity Kit v3 Pro *NEW VERSION*, is this everything that I need to get started to do flahing excluding the firmware downloads and all that.

yeh seems you have everything you need ' I cant help though m8 as Im as new to this as you , just looking into buying the stuff for my brothers box , I think getting the jungle flasher set up is the tricky part as far as ive read especially if you run 64 vista etc.

I may aswell keep an eye on this post rather then asking the same questions as you ' good luck :proud: I love new stuff to play with :proud:

I'm still waiting for all the parts to come in so I'm reading up to make sure I dont mes this up, i've found a tutorial onhow to do liteons can someone who has done these have a look at it and tell me if it is any good, Liteon DG-16D2S Firmware Update Tutorial

I know your new guys but it did make me laugh that you asked oggy if he had a guide that was any better lol :)

I just checked that tut out looks great need to go over it twice as its that detailed on what to do, thanks for the info

ok so iv'e read through the manuals and I think I should be able to do this, but just another question, the main reason I want to do this is so I can update the firmware on current boxes for my mates they all have 1.4 and cant play new games like red faction etc but I can on mine, what is the procedure like with drives that have already been flashed do you just do it as if it hasn't been flashed?

ok so iv'e read through the manuals and I think I should be able to do this, but just another question, the main reason I want to do this is so I can update the firmware on current boxes for my mates they all have 1.4 and cant play new games like red faction etc but I can on mine, what is the procedure like with drives that have already been flashed do you just do it as if it hasn't been flashed?

With my BenQ I just flashed over the old modded firmware.

excorcist did u just do the drive as if it wasnt flashed and most importantly did it work?

Yeah flashed right over the last flash and it worked. I needed to update for the latest wave3 games.

Back