Wotsat TM800 1st impression.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
the due to be released issue of What satellite magazine contains a one page 1st impression of the TM800, it scored 3 out of 4, with a full write up and review next month. Due to copyright, i havent attached a scan of the page to DW, but have put it on my usual archive site and blog if anyone wants to download it

Doesn't really go into detail so not sure how they managed to score it 3/4 tbh??

How can the use timeshift and we cant, not a moan just curious.

im curious as why they mention UR, as i was asked to create an image specifically to send to them for testing, which was the last DWiQ release

im curious as why they mention UR, as i was asked to create an image specifically to send to them for testing, which was the last DWiQ release

It mentions UR because someone forgot to say their name is now IQ
I will be contacting them to say that timeshift does not work and I will make a complaint to the appropiate body if they deliberatly lie to their readers.
The box isn't a contender against a dm500s clone let alone a genuine dm800hd box, these people must get a big brown envelope to post such blatant rubbish unless they think the words "potential contender" cover them.
I'm a potential contender to be the worlds sexiest man but doesn't mean I ever will be.

well I pray they get the problems some get on here and publish them
then we wont feel like we are called liars all the time

I am going to ask them to review my song lol

Hi,

I have been an owner of this reciever for a while now, reading this article makes me think my box is faulty and as missing parts....

"Very Impressive" needs to be changed to "Potentially Impressive" :Jester:

I ask myself how can i ever belive stuff printed in this magazine again.

PS i don't think i've seen any eSATA on the rear of mine only USB.... so thats another load of drival

:Cheers:

I think Technomate wrote the artical and what satellite just printed it ?

we will soon see next month what the detailed review brings up, that should be very interesting

wotsat rely on readers AND advertisers to stay in business, but, ive been reading it for a VERY long time, and theyre like the opposite of a forum that has sponsors (DW is somewhere in between)

when the media player would only play WAVs and pictures

a sponsored forum will say

'the included media player will play / show very common media types on your screen'

wotsat would say

'while some functionality is missing, and could be sorted out with a future software update, it will still play / show common media types'

someone posting on DW would say

'its shIIIIIIIIIIIttttt, itll only play wav files and jpegs, hardly a media player at all'

all 3 tell the same story, but in different ways

but wotsat IS independant and very optomistic about what they review. in their review id guess at them giving at around 75-78% scoring (maybe 77-80 if using an image i make lol) and maybe give it a bronze award while its on its own. in their upcoming 'linux match', unless the iQ team pull some form of miracle out of their arses in the next week - 10 days, and implement it into an image for them to compare to other boxes with, then the only things itll have going for it will be its price (as wotsat WILL NOT take clones into account) and its media player (directly from usb)

going of subject a little, a month or so ago my mate had a TM800 installed (which i recommeneded) simple becuase if he had a problem I knew he would phone me (and dont know much about spiders etc)

anyway last night he lost audio ..... so i have just been round and loaded the 16/7 DWIQ on his box, before he had the first standard IQ

I have to say his TM800 is a different animal to mine, I mean it was like putting a ferrari (his) up against a BMW 320D (mine)... and I dont get it.

Has there been any revisions in hardware????

I have to say his TM800 is a different animal to mine, I mean it was like putting a ferrari (his) up against a BMW 320D (mine)... and I dont get it.

ive had 2 receivers, out of the same pack, side by side, only a single digit different in the serial number, loaded with the same softwares, but in different orders, and ended up with 2 receivers that run completley differently to each other

untill someone (probably a hobbyist programmer type person) comes up with something that will COMPLETLEY erase EVERYTHING except the bog standard boot loader from this receiver, people will keep having differing problems, from the same settings etc

even the latest images STILL backup stuff before flashing and then restore it afterwards

So in theory, if we install all the images that are released for personal test purposes, are we more likely to end up with bits and bobs left over from old images? - hence slowing our receiver down?

Back