Working box, blank lcd

derekwd

Inactive User
Reaction score
My sons nokia dbox2 works fine, but his lcd display lights up but does not display any text at all,(been like this since he got box) just wondering if there is anything i could check on the motherboard.

Cheers Derek

Last edited:
Probably a silly question, but is the LCD enabled in your settings menu?

Yes been through all settings, so not a problem there m8, been round dboxes a while now so pretty well know my way.
But thanks for the reply.

Derek

u tried getting some ipa and and brush and cleaning the contacts

derekwd said:
Forgot to add, tried a known working display and was still the same.
Derek
i take it everything else is fine m8 and he gets all the channels?one of my boxs has the same problem well acctually i like it like this and havnt bothered to try and fix it

Thanks for the replys, yes tried cleaning contacts and yes box works perfectly, looks like goodbye could be right, just have to put up with it i supose lol.
Derek

i suggested using ipa as on one box i had once i cleaned the contacts as they were minging full of dust etc the screen worked flawlessly

Thanks for the sugestions, i have tried cleaning the contacts, but i allso have tried a known working one out of my daughters box and still backlight on but no text, put it back in her box and works fine again, its looking more like hardware related on motherboard.

Looks like he will just have to put up with.

Cheers to all who replied.
Derek

be very careful with non wokring lcd's on dbox2's

i fried 2 lcd's trying to get one of my dbox's working

ther eis a few dbox'2 going around that were sold with dbox'1 fronts cos they had hardware faults that wouldnt allow the use of lcd screens

it took 3 lcd displays before i realised that my dbox2 was frying em

always try the non wokring lcd in a proven working dbox2 and not the other way around

Exactly same thing happened to my Sagem 1x this evening.

Noticed that the lcd wasn't displaying the channel I was watching. Lcd seemed to be stuck on bbc one.
Switched off, took top off, cleaned lcd ribbon contacts, power on, blank lcd. Doesnt even show the initial boot info.

Since then, it has come on again after another reboot, but got 'stuck' on a channel again.
Certainly looks like the lcd is ok, it's whatever drives it that is faulty.

Maybe a dry joint on the mobo somewhere. Any expert out there ever fixed one of these?

Back