Woo hoo all working

scott-ayling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well never got the twinhan working but bought a usb dvb-c stick from play.com and with the setup that mowax had setup i just scanned and all channels cleared so big thanks to mowax for the setup

I have a poblem that my device will not show up in mediaportal.i have seen that people seem to have it working in mediaportal on there forum but its not letting me post on there site for some reason.Anybody have a rough idea how i can get this device to show up under video capture cards

have you installed the mce driver instead of the bda one? MP will only talk to bda drivers in general

it was the bda river from terratec ste that i have instaled which people confirm working on mp forum but does not show up for me

uninstalled mp and installed alpha version now seeig card nd scannng the channels the now

nice one buddy......good work...it was well confusing..... i could get the the keys and that to update and it was telling me that a change of file had been detected which meant that you should be good to go......glad you have it sorted....when i start something as (HIbbyDave) said to me once "i'm like a pit bull with a rack of lamb in it's chops.....won't give up!" are something along the lines....

all your transponders and everything else like BDA drivers and that were all working.....probably such a small simple thing....

Any way good your up and running, I'll be interested to see how you get on with media portal and if you do get it working, i have it working but it's more temperamental than a ginger bird with PMT.....

Good work though man...

I'd back up your DVD dream folder and that will have all the files/ vplug etc and that in it and then if you ever need a format....etc etc

Can you post a link to what usb stick you bought mate, as i'm interested in giving this a go, i just got a ion board that's usb only running xbmc, see if i can get this working using the VDR plugin.

Cheers

h**p://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8315938/TerraTec-Cinergy-HTC-USB-XS-HD-Digital-TV-Reciever/Product.html?&engine=froogle_pc&keyword=TerraTec+Cinergy+HTC+USB+XS+HD+Digital+TV+Reciever&_$ja=tsid:11518%7Ccc:%7Cprd:8315938%7Ccat:Components

Thanks m8 someone posted about that one before on here, good to know it does work, do the HD channels work ok? and are you happy with the video Quality.

Last edited:
Yea HD channels working fine had to put on main feed to run scan to get all channels but put back on splitter and all channels viewable.Quality of hd is fab sd is not so great but i might try diffrent codecs see if makes a diffrence.I only got free channels on Mediaportal the now thats next task plus to see if i can use external epg with mediaportal

mp will pull epg from stream - only reason to use external epg is if you require more than 24hrs ahead - but thats normal issue with vm and isnt down to mp

yea i know mate but im wanting longer epg since ill be using it as a pvr im also thinking of getting another dvb-c stick so i can record one channel while watching another one

Hey mate, just purchased this....would it possible if you could give me a run down of your current software setup when using this device (been giving me a few probs in progdvb).

Cheers.

I could do with a few pointers for this usb stick too. Getting nothing. :blushing:

o to terratec website and install latest bda driver for it then your good to go with watever program you decide to use.

Back