wont flash?

nstokes

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all,

I am having issue trying to flash my box with Dream UP. I get an error message saying Aborted By User, Exiting. I haven't clicked any buttons so how did i aborted it? It happens on the desktop and the laptop. I have tried re-downloading the image and same thing. I have tried a backup image i have as well and same thing. A few days ago I got this error so I FTP'ed the image over and did it that way but it crashed and now no image on it so cant flash due to this error. How do I fix it? I have attached a pic of the error as well

r u using usb to serial adapter? Is there a prob with that?

i am using a usb-serial adaptor. No issues as far as im aware as i am aware as it was working a few weeks back when i got the box and the it sees the box

its a Prolific USB-to-Serial. I downloaded the drivers from the site. According to Device Manager it is on Com 3

not sure about that one. Maybe someone else here that has one can confirm?

Looking at the pic I assume it starts flashing and then exits after a short while?

ya i does mate. Not sure what's going on with it and now there is no image on it im scared that ive bricked it. I have just tried reinstalling drivers and same thing so its not a PC or laptop issue.

ill take a look and try to get another cable but it seems odd that it was working with the box a few weeks ago and now stopped. It has baffled me and baffled isnt a word a use lol

use an older version of dreamup.
you can alter the comport in device manager

i have tried changing the com port in device manager and same thing. I will try an older version of dream up

ok i have now tried an older version of dream up and same thing

Last edited:
I had this issue as well under Windows 7 , resolved by using DreamUP 1.3.3.4 any versions newer than this dont work well with clone recievers and cause this error.

Get hold of DreamUP 1.3.3.4 and try flashing again.

I had this issue as well under Windows 7 , resolved by using DreamUP 1.3.3.4 any versions newer than this dont work well with clone recievers and cause this error.

Get hold of DreamUP 1.3.3.4 and try flashing again.

im trying to flash with DreamUP 1.3.3.4 and its got further than before and is flashing as i type. I hope it works. Any idea why 3.17 DreamUP doesnt work with Win 7. Box isnt a clone so it seems very weird

it worked using that older version of dream up. plugged it in and now and and running again. Thanks mate

it worked using that older version of dream up. plugged it in and now and and running again. Thanks mate

Cool...Good to see your up and working again, not sure why theres this issue with newer versions of dreamup,maybe a Windows 7 compatibility issue or maybe the timing for transfer is too strict on newer versions and sort of slow transfer causes this issue.

You must have had your reciever for years...if it's not a clone originals havent been manufactured for at least 3 years now...

only got a box a fewwks back and got it brand new on ebay. I checked the model on the box, manual and the breambox and it is defo a proper 500s and not a clone

only got a box a fewwks back and got it brand new on ebay. I checked the model on the box, manual and the breambox and it is defo a proper 500s and not a clone

It will almost certainly be a clone mate...as mentioned Dream dont make the 500 any more (only the new 500HD), they havent manufactured the 500 for years.

The chances that someone still has originals brand new in the box, is very unlikely, on a clone the manuals, pakaging, model numbers are almost exactly the same as an original..so you wont be able to tell that way.

Just be careful, not to use Gemini images they contain clone killer code. Theres nothing wrong with clones anyway so no big deal.

that sucks but oh well like you say nothing wrong with a clone. Im using the new commando image. I will be getting a 800HD soon

Its definately something to do with the new version of dreamup as i was getting the same error messge using a r232 cable on xp.

The new commando image works a treat and the rytec epg is works really well once switched on.

Last edited:
Back