wont flash with IFA DBox2 keeps restarting

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a Nokia dBox 2 when initally switched on goes to the debug info on the lcd and hangs for a few seconds and restarts again

so decided to flash it using IFA

however no matter what version of IFA I use from the full blown to the portable version, all I get in the terminal window is this

wdebug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.2 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev 09 FPrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root>

debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: WATCHDOG RESET
WATCHDOG reset enabled

WATCHDOG reset enabled

WATCHDOG reset enabled

This just keeps on repeating itself

decided using Hyperterminal to flash is that way, get to the prompt type in dl 800000 and hangs for a few seconds and reboots itself, so never get the chance to upload the ubot file.

any ideas

is the box knackered ?

theres a guide to flashing somewhere mate that will help you out with this i had the same issue but i cant for the life of me remember what i did

anywy its not the end of the world

theres a guide to flashing somewhere mate that will help you out with this i had the same issue but i cant for the life of me remember what i did

anywy its not the end of the world

which method did you use, I have tried IFA and the HyperTerminal method, using a null modem cable.

Try Dbox Commander

If you don't know the answer.................or anything that might be helpful...................don't post...................

going by your rapid fire posts tonight I get the impression you are looking to be able to download very soon.............ie 10 posts..................correct me if I'm wrong..........................leecher

why not get yourself a null cable with usb which a treat as i got myself (works perfect for me) and then connect cross over aswel and use ifa program again n see if that works.. but make sure turn ur antivirus of as i been told by some on here.. cn;t remember.. but it actually works..treat.. give a go m8..

why not get yourself a null cable with usb which a treat as i got myself (works perfect for me) and then connect cross over aswel and use ifa program again n see if that works.. but make sure turn ur antivirus of as i been told by some on here.. cn;t remember.. but it actually works..treat.. give a go m8..

The null modem cable is a thing of the past as far as dbox2 IFA sessions are concerned..................the very latest portable IFA works always with crossover cable only...........

Back