Woman torches sisters bunny

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
A BUNNY rabbit was left charred and blistered after its owner's sick sister got drunk and torched it.

Cruel Katey Barber downed seven cans of lager before setting Bunny the rabbit's hutch on fire.

Brutal Barber, 22, had begun by burning clothes belonging to her mother's partner while the pair where on holiday with her sister Rachel, Bunny's owner.

But she soon turned her attention to the innocent creature and threw a piece of burning paper into the hutch and closed the door.

Bystanders tried to intervene but they were beaten back by Barber's barrage of expletives.

Stockport Magistrates' Court heard she locked the back door and laughed when she was begged to hand over the keys.

By this time Bunny could be heard squealing in pain at Barber's mother's house in Cheadle Heath, Stockport, Greater Manchester.

The rabbit is now terrified of humans, has permanent scarring and may have to have an ear amputated.

Dominic Geelan, prosecuting, said: "The defendant, for an unaccountable reason, decided to burn her mother's partner's clothes and began placing items of his clothing in a round drum, pouring turps on them and setting them alight."

Mr Geelan said she prodded the rabbit with a stick before setting its hutch alight adding: "The defendant said she didn't care. The rabbit by this point could be heard squealing in pain.

"The defendant started laughing and said: 'Look, the rabbit's running around on fire'."

Barber, form nearby Wythenshawe, eventually poured water on the fire last September.

She pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal and will be sentenced on March 23.

Woman torched sister's bunny | The Sun |News

FlashForward Five.tv

Never heard such a bizzare twisted story I have skinned a few in younger days and eaten them, I used to own ferrets as a kid.

But to set one on fire is sick I hope she get,s 3 month porridge.

That,s a sign of more madness to come in future she must be a Twisted Bitch.

Back