WOL [ Wake On Lan] Help!

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get "WOL" Wake on Lan working here at work.

I have a VPN Tunnel set up from work to home and can get to my router as though i was sitting at home.

I have downloaded and loaded Solar winds WOL as you can see from the screen shots but I can't get it to work.

The device that I'm trying with is no longer active in the ARP.

When logged into the router I do have a "WOL" and "wake up" but it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

Any ideas where to go from here, I've checked the network adapter on the revo and it does have magic packet and WOL enabled as far as I can see.

Shut it down to test and now can't start it back up again.....:whistle:

--------------------------------------------------

06-11-201210-14-52.jpg

Last edited:
BIOS setting on the Revo?
Is the network port still lit on the Revo when it is powered off/shut down?

Thanks for that Dave, I'll have a check when i get home as I switched it off remotely to try..lol, I know when my laptops off and the main rig that when hard wired that the lan light stays on, on the hub that they are connected too.

What am I looking for in the BIOS ? WOL ?

it should be under the power options, but with BIOS's you never know :)
what model of revo is it?

It's not connected the the superdud is it?

Not sure the modem number of the REVO mate, To be honest it's the main rig that I want working, So will check my main PC when I get home and have a look at the BIOS.

The revo I was just testing out this morning to see if it would work, that sits on all the time.

Don't really need it as have an FTP and the like just yesterday could have done with grabbing something from the PC. (That was off)

Superhub is just in modem mode only mate.

Back