wirless bridge or router

mickbrush

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am looking at connecting my dreambox through ever a router or wirless bridge to my network. I was wondering if anyone else is connecting like this and could offer some advice.

do these work if i have a circuit breaker were i can turn off upstairs seperatly.
like split circuit?
thanks
colin

Yeh ive seen them but thought they were a little expensive have seen netgear routers selling for a tenner on ebay and was thinking about trying to configure one as a bridge has anyone tryed this.

Yes im a tight arse

l use it for my xbox360 to watch films on aswell and being connected to the dreambox for remote recording ,,

l had a wireless bridge but it wasnt as good as these , as its a direct connection .

@oscar .... not a clue , put the plug has to be powered

Last edited:
I've only been using my dreambox for a few days and I use wireless bridges for my xbox classic, 360 and my dreambox and all work flawlessly. I looked into getting those home network plug things but too expensive if you ask me. Also would like to know if its possible to configure routers to be wireless bridges as well. Would be a cheap way of doing things.

most newer routers have the options , if your close to your router then wireless is fine , but mine in on the second floor and this option lets be stream films perfectly , the bridge was fine for playing online but not for using the 360 as a media centre or watching things l had recording from the dreambox to my pc

Hi Smirmoff I have Solwise home plug which I intend to use but was unsure if I would get better transfer speeds using wireless, have you compared yours to wireless if so could you tell us the results.

Many Thanks

most newer routers have the options , if your close to your router then wireless is fine , but mine in on the second floor and this option lets be stream films perfectly , the bridge was fine for playing online but not for using the 360 as a media centre or watching things l had recording from the dreambox to my pc

any ideas on models mate because i have my xbox, 360 and cube revo all beside eachother and it would be really handy to just connect them to the one router/wireless bridge instead of 3 wireless bridges

Hi Smirmoff I have Solwise home plug which I intend to use but was unsure if I would get better transfer speeds using wireless, have you compared yours to wireless if so could you tell us the results.

Many Thanks

Not sure on speeds , but with the films they would take an age to load on the xbox but not they play straight away and never breakup . without a doubt its better to be hot wired

I have now bought a router with bridge option i have setup the bridge and can connect to the dream box using dcc but cant get the dreambox to connect to net can anyone help.

I have now bought a router with bridge option i have setup the bridge and can connect to the dream box using dcc but cant get the dreambox to connect to net can anyone help.

if your using 2.1 it isnt going to .. they closed it or r u using a 600 with pli ?

Back