wireless voip phone without computer?

z4kir

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there anyway i can use a voip phone without connecting it via usb to a computer but wirelessly throughout my home from my wireless router?

basically want to set this up at a friends house n mine so we can call each other using for example skype without having our laptops on all the time....

(I have a linksys WRT54G wireless router)

*EDIT* think i might need a "wifi voip Phone" : http://www.voiptalk.org/products/UTS+F1000+WiFi+IP+Phone

£99.99 exc vat (ouch!)

would it be possible to plug a cordless voip phone directly into my router maybe?

Last edited:
Voip Adapter

Hello mate,
I think what your asking for is a piece of hardware to activate voip via the router. Unfortunately VOIP requires the relavent software to link the voip's phones together. So unfortunately the "laptops" will have to be one at the time of the call.

However saying that, you could always buy a RJ11 USB VOIP Skype adapter for dect or cordless phones. Plenty on "Flea bay" This will allow you to convert your own cordless phone as a voip phone. This way at least you dont have to carry the laptop around whilst on the phone.

Hope that helps.

You will need to get yourself a VoIP ATA, you plug a telephone in (a std one) plug it into your router and set it up...bingo!!

Back