wireless upstairs

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have sky broadband with their wireless router, my pc is wired to it my g/f laptop and my netbook both wireless. my question is when i take my netbook upstairs it seems really slow, what is the best option to send wireless upstairs? would homeplugs do the trick if so which do people recommend?

thanks

i have sky broadband with their wireless router, my pc is wired to it my g/f laptop and my netbook both wireless. my question is when i take my netbook upstairs it seems really slow, what is the best option to send wireless upstairs? would homeplugs do the trick if so which do people recommend?

thanks

have you tried changing the default channel for a better range? I run a linksys wrt5gs on cable and have it in my loft room. and my PS3 gets 80% signal and works like a dream. What % variant are you getting between floors?

never used homeplugs so cant comment

Chabge your encryption from WPA to WEP it will improve your signal quailty.it will lower your sercuity level but unless they are pro hackers they will still not get in

cheers guys but changed channels still same, changed encryption and it keeps dropping connection. when its downstairs in the living room next to the router its fine just when i go upstairs so what i need is a way to extend my wireless as cheap as possible.

hey i had this problem, due to where the sky was installed, could not get a decent signal. I had a spare router, so i get a wired connection to both routers, and put the spare router in another room, and set it up, as a switch type (disabled auto dchp) and i get a decent signal due to having it another room, all upstairs get it now

hope this helps

Back