Wireless router...

Linksys with speed booster for me.

I use a SMC that I bought second hand on ebay. No problems, but from what I hear, Belkin seems to be the easiest to setup and has good customer satisfaction feedback

i have netgear - i would not recommend it. had regular probs but fingers crossed that they are fixed now. you could go for a VOIP wireless router for mega cheap calls

I have a netgear at the mo and I'd say its maybe 90% reliable but it does not have the wireless thing ma bob (tech speak ;) )

Am I right in asumming you have no limit to the number of wireless conections to the router ? I mean I could have maybe two computers wireless.

Cheers for the input guy's.

Am I right in asumming you have no limit to the number of wireless conections to the router ? I mean I could have maybe two computers wireless.
You can have umpteen, providing they're within range.

with the netgear m8 you can have as many wireless connections as you like, im running 3 throught mine.

Dutcho said:
I have a netgear at the mo and I'd say its maybe 90% reliable but it does not have the wireless thing ma bob (tech speak ;) )

Cheers for the input guy's.

I believe that the limit is 256 - so shuld be ample for domestic use!!

dodger said:
i have netgear - i would not recommend it. had regular probs but fingers crossed that they are fixed now. you could go for a VOIP wireless router for mega cheap calls

you gusy don't have to pay for voip, there is something called skype, this allows the same service as voip but its free (what i heard)

Just to add - try to get one where anyone connected to your network can use the printer. This is very handy trust me. I myself am using D-link 714p+ - had no problems with it.

Netgear her m8, always been 100% for me. A USB print server is a useful addition (saves having to downstream print) and WPA is disireable but WEP is still OK (128 bit min) Don't forget to secure it to your mac addresses to stop neighbours stealing bandwidth (I'm stealing my neighbours right now!!!) and . As I understand the limit on my router is 11 devices, but it is only 802.11b.

capcomind said:
Netgear her m8, always been 100% for me. A USB print server is a useful addition (saves having to downstream print) and WPA is disireable but WEP is still OK (128 bit min) Don't forget to secure it to your mac addresses to stop neighbours stealing bandwidth (I'm stealing my neighbours right now!!!) and . As I understand the limit on my router is 11 devices, but it is only 802.11b.

That's really nice of you

Back