Wireless Router for PS3 and PC on Virgin Media

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to buy a wireless router to be used with my PS3 and also my PC. I am currently on Virgin media broadband but not wireless, just wondering which wireless router to buy to connect my PS3 and PSP wirelessly to the internet. Any suggestions welcome

Cheers DGC808

Hi Dar1437, I was looking to spend around the £40 mark unless I could get a decent one cheaper ! Was thinking of ringing Virgin and seeing if I could Blag a free wireless Router out of them ? My internet has been a bit hitty missy lately was going to ring and complain and see what they say.

Cheers DGC808

worth a shot mate, i blagged a free router out of them a while back, and it runs great, ps3, 4 laptops connected, dreambox connected, 2 phones connected, works a charm!

If you need to buy one then a quick look on ebay will probably show you plenty of dir-615's for pretty cheap prices (£5-£20). This is the wireless 'N' router that virgin used to give customers. They're actually not that bad !

Hi all, I am looking to buy a wireless router to be used with my PS3 and also my PC. I am currently on Virgin media broadband but not wireless, just wondering which wireless router to buy to connect my PS3 and PSP wirelessly to the internet. Any suggestions welcome

Cheers DGC808

if your on Virgin XL BB (20MB) you can get the wifi router free, they dont advetise but you need to call up and ask for one

If you get the DLINK DIR-615D then stick DDWRT on it and your sorted.

Virgin now use combined modem routers which are very good. See if they will send you one as tour modem keeps dropping and you have to reboot every ten minutes

Virgin now use combined modem routers which are very good. ......

They have major problems with certain types of p2p (they cant handle a large number of connections very well) and also with some chatboards (no idea why, its just a known problem).

tbh, i'd stay well away from 'combined' equipment as 95% of the time you end up losing functionality and/or flexibility. The only real positive is that they are relatively small and tidy !

Cheers DGC808

i got a free router and wireless dongle off virgin mate phone up and ask for yours

Back