Wireless COnnection Problems Help needed asap, please

graemewh

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having problems connecting to the internet, although it was fine last night. I have a mototrola modem connected to belkin router, my laptop wireless picks up and connects to the internet but it says 'local access only' and I cant view any webpages.
I have tried to switch off router and modem etc, the green lights come on the modem but only 3 of them which are power send and receive the online light does not come on.
I also tried to connecvt directly from the router using the cable and aagain it connects but I cannot view web pages.
When I try to use windows to repair the probnlem it comes up there may be aporoblem with DNS.
Im not sure whgats happening as I said it was fine last night, thankyou for your help in advance, Im not ringing virgin as they are a waste of time and people on here are far more helpful.

It's a VM fault mate you will never get a connection if the online light is off. You need to phone VM and tell them, they will have to sort it from there end.

Bic...

I have been told to unplug router and modem for 30 mins or so by someone, I have done it for 5 mins but nothing changed.
What will they do their end, will it rectify if i leave it.

this was afterwards as I have had to unplug etc before, now I have coem down to my gf house and just been told now to unplug it for 30 mins

Back