Win 10 windows 10

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

Hey #WindowsInsiders Windows 10 Mobile build 10581 is now available for the Fast ring!
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10581 | Windows Experience Blog

Follow
Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

@gabeAul So now for the "thing we've never done before" that I tweeted about yesterday: New PC build will ALSO be out today. This afternoon!
4:04 PM - 29 Oct 2015

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

@chris123NT PC build will be 10576. More details this afternoon.
4:05 PM - 29 Oct 2015

Build 10.0.576.16384.th2 "Gold Build".

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to ask but I dont want to read 77 pages lol

does the wuauclt.exe /updatenow force update still work ?

Ive just got laptop back from repair and they had to reinstall and its back on 8.1

Ive removed everything from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and run cmd.exe as administrator with wuauclt.exe /updatenow command while searching for updates and nothing

it should do mate or download the "windows media creation tool"available from windows site or just search it.. and it will ask you what version of 10 you want it will download it and then upgrade you should you wish.

I just did a Google for the windows 10 upgrade and went from there m8, got it from Microsoft Web site

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Why don’t you just get the windows 10 upgrade tool?

Read the instructions on this page and follow them

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If you’re not sure of anything after you read this page just ask

- - - Updated - - -

3 different answers from 3 different people but all saying the same thing:) LOL

If I remember correctly when you go to download it, you get the option to make a boot able usb stick I would pick that option for later use.

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

Hey #WindowsInsiders , PC Build 10586 is now live for Insiders in the Fast ring:
Code:

6:00 PM - 5 Nov 2015
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586

Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is really focused on bug fixes and general improvements. We’ve been lovin…

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

@limalucas7451 We're focused on the broad delivery of 10586 to customers right now, it will be a few more days before a new Mobile build
2:48 PM - 12 Nov 2015

November 12, 2015 6:00 am by Terry Myerson
First Major Update for Windows 10 Available Today

Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform and experience,

Code:

- - - Updated - - -

This is not for insiders it's for you

This TH2 version 1511 build 10586 release will only be for the RTM build 10240, and not for Windows Insiders already on build 10586.

Be sure to check for more updates after updating to Windows 10 TH2 version 1511 build 10586. There may be more updates available.

Well they've clearly done something here- my 'everyday' laptop finally upgraded to 10 last night (build 10586.3, version 1511) and so far so good, touch wood! Previously it would attempt, but stalled at 86% then restarted on 8.1.
It checked for updates later on and apparently it's up to date.

Now to have a go at gagging it from phoning home.

Last week my laptop, running win10 Pro ver 10240 autoupdated to ver 1511, build 10586, but hung on 76% and I had to power down after waiting 3 hours. It restarted. Went through the whole bloody update again, then said there was an error and recommended returning to the previous version (10240). Then using setting/update & security it stated that my PC was “up to date” …..Hmm ! Today went to check on the status of my Win 10 updates so I clicked on settings/update & security. Nothing happened and no options appeared, just a periodic progression of dots moving from left to right. This goes on indefinitely but does not hang up the PC.
Rebooting and restarting the Windows update & security has no effect on this situation.
Any Ideas guys ?

Yes because windows encountered a problem and went back to a previous version and until they release another major update it will stay where it is, to be on the safe side

If you want the latest version installed, the only way you will do it now is to do another clean install with the latest ISO version,

but even then there is no guarantee it will install properly unless you fix the problem it encountered to make it go back to a previous version in the first place.

Having said that, a clean install has a far better chance of a successful install then an upgrade, so it is worth the risk

Any one getting loss of WiFi mine keeps getting intermittent access I have to dissconnect it then connect again anyone no how to fix it i turned hotspots off but still the same

Thanks , I had a read through I'm just going back to win7 seems like it's a common problem

I never at the beginning mate
problems seemed to have just appeared

Any one getting loss of WiFi mine keeps getting intermittent access I have to dissconnect it then connect again anyone no how to fix it i turned hotspots off but still the same

Funnily enough I had the opposite- 8.1 kept disconnecting wifi (had to re-connect manually which could be hit-or-miss) but since updating to 10 it's been steady as a rock. Kiss of death probably!

I went back to w7 then done a factory reset and its working steady I might now do the update and see if its still the same, i can always go back

If you've already done one update to win 10 there’s no need to do it again as all your details are recorded on their servers for activation purposes

You can go straight into a clean install from an ISO

Most machines stand a far better chance of success with a clean install

Back