Win 10 windows 10

We have some exciting news to share about Windows 10 devices

Watch live Tuesday, October 6 at 10:00 am EDT online or on your Xbox.
microsoft.com/october2015event
#Windows10devices

windows_10_event_thumb800.png

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

China: Windows 10 Doesn’t Stand a Chance against Windows 7

Stats show Windows 10 is far behind its rivals

Windows 10 is growing at a faster pace in countries across the world, but as far as China, which continues to be one of the largest software markets for many companies, including Microsoft, the new OS has a really tough time trying to convince users to upgrade.

Adoption figures provided by StatCounter for China show that between July 29, the date when the new OS got the green light, and September 20, only 3.4 percent upgraded to Windows 10, which makes it the fourth most used desktop operating system in the country.

Right now, Windows 7 is the clear leader with 59.47 percent of the market, followed by Windows XP, which still owns 24.78 percent of the PCs in the country. Windows 8.1 is third and far behind the other two with 6.5 percent.

Why Windows 10 fails to make an impact in China

One of the reasons that make Windows 10 a less appealing choice for Chinese users is the local level of piracy, as it’s believed that many computers in the country are actually running copies of Windows that aren’t legitimate.

In other words, a big part of the Windows 7 and Windows XP market share is made of desktop PCs powered by pirated Windows, so some computer users do not want to switch to Windows 10 because illegal activation methods aren’t so widespread right now, but also because their current setups work very well just the way they are right now.

At the same time, given Windows XP’s shocking market share right now, it’s pretty clear that many Chinese users still own old systems powered by hardware which might not be able to run Windows 10, so the overall cost of the transition to Windows 10 might be higher than initially expected.

Windows 7 is very likely to remain the clear leader of the Chinese market for many years from now, so it’ll be interesting to see how Microsoft tries to convince local users (and @alimac) to upgrade to Windows 10.

Code:

Attachments

• china-windows-10-doesn-t-stand-a-chance-against-windows-7-492270-2.jpg
    china-windows-10-doesn-t-stand-a-chance-against-windows-7-492270-2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
he he will need plenty persuasion here
either on my legit system or otherwise have a long way to go feck took me long enough to get settled system to my liking without the blot of Win 10

:Cheers:

put win 10 on the mrs laptop as she has legit copy of windows and tbh i think its slow and not very user friendly compered to win 7.

put win 10 on the mrs laptop as she has legit copy of windows and tbh i think its slow and not very user friendly compered to win 7.

You probably had some software installed on win 7 that is slowing it down,

To see win 10s advantages over older operating systems you should after you get your activation by upgrading do a clean install.

And then if you’re not happy with it, it’s easy enough to go back to win 7

still bypass upgrades here & fresh install lol
they will get there in the end but will take a while to fully reach the peak they wish
still has issues & will have for a while yet either put up with it or not

My experience pretty much backs up @idrob 's theory re. clean install. I had an old-ish laptop which upgraded from 7 and yes, it's a bit temperamental and slow- much like it was before the update. But an even older desktop which had a relatively unadulterated Win8.1 runs really really well after the update to Win10. My thinking being that the laptop (i5 with 4GB ram) has probably inherited a load of bloaty software over the years and that's carried over through the update.
I've not either in anger yet but can't say I've had any issues with user-friendliness, like anything new it just takes a bit of getting used to.

- - - Updated - - -

You probably had some software installed on win 7 that is slowing it down,

To see win 10s advantages over older operating systems you should after you get your activation by upgrading do a clean install.

And then if you’re not happy with it, it’s easy enough to go back to win 7

Is it still as easy to go back to 7 after a clean install? Or would you have to have done a backup first?

Is it still as easy to go back to 7 after a clean install? Or would you have to have done a backup first?

Of course it’s always best to do a backup but if you haven’t, then you have 30 days to restore back to your original OS.

After the 30 days if you haven’t got the original disk you installed win 7 from then you will find loads of torrents all over the place to satisfy your needs

or you will find the Win 7 iso here on DW

Hi has anybody worked out how to change windows 10 download folder on PC, can't get it to change off default download folder.apart from that that's the only thing I have against windows 10. I miss media center for my TV card now another peace to the scrap heap.

forgot to say PC that's why i edited it. thanks

There are two ways to do this. The first is in File Explorer. Launch it and you’ll see a Downloads folder on the left. Right-click it and select Properties. Click the Location tab, and enter a new path. Click Apply. This creates a new download location. If you want to move the existing one (taking any completed downloads with it), click on Move, choose a new folder location and say Yes.

You can use the same method to change the location of other system folders in File Explorer.

The second option requires a registry tweak. Launch regedt, and navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Locate %USERPROFILE%\Downloads on the right. Double-click the entry and change the value to a new location. Restart your PC.

or just add it to whatever version of 10 you have bit of work involved but it works

latest files needed

Code:

as said before bit of a headache but does work if you wish to have it

Microsoft Internally Testing Windows 10 Build 10550

It might be released to the fast ring soon, it says

The Windows Insider program continues and that’s certainly a good thing for those who want to run pre-release software on their devices, so every time a new build comes out, millions of users rush to download it on either phones or PCs.

Now Microsoft’s getting ready for a new release and Gabriel Aul, the chief of the Windows Insider effort, says that the Windows team is already testing build 10550 internally. For the moment, this build is still in the internal rings, but Aul says that it could be pushed to the fast channel of the public insider program soon if everything goes well.

Obviously, there’s no guarantee that this happens, as bugs can always prevent a build from getting the go-ahead, but if Windows devs do not come across any major issues, expect it to see daylight sometime next week.

As far as the new features that it could bring, there’s no information right now, but Aul suggests that there might be something in there worth a try despite being “only a few builds newer than last flight.”

Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul
@callum90ish 10550 is in Microsoft ring now. Only a few builds newer than last flight but may go out to WIP Fast. We'll see.
4:48 AM - 24 Sep 2015

Code:

MICROSOFT‬ OFFICE 2016 PROFESSIONAL PLUS (x86/x64) RTM ENGLISH MSDN Direct Download ISO

by Rafi • September 23, 2015

Code:
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Toolkit 2.6 BETA 1 – Official KMS Solution for Microsoft Update (03/08/2015)
by Admin • August 4, 2015

Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.1 – Official KMS Solution for Microsoft Update (20/3/2014)

by Rafi · March 20, 2014

Code:

Haven’t tried it

Back