Win 10 windows 10

OK i uninstalled the updates from the 7th/8th but its still the same locks up, WiFi says no access aswel, see if I go back to w7 will I be able to update to w10 again for free in future

Yes I have the option of going back in settings or a clean install of win10

Yes I have the option of going back in settings or a clean install of win10

Once your win 10 is 100% activated, you can then install any version of windows and go back to win 10 any time you want.

Thats good I think I'll go back for the time being, I looked on the manufacture site for drivers but they don't have the audio driver I need for win10

Windows 10 can seemingly log on to a wi fi network without needing to input a password, it uses something called Wi-Fi Sense. Yesterday my router had to be reset which meant the stored password reverted back to original.
strangely the laptop couldn't log on and I couldn't find anywhere to change the password in windows 10.
This meant that none of my wi fi devices would work. I had to get into the router settings and redo the password.

Thats good I think I'll go back for the time being, I looked on the manufacture site for drivers but they don't have the audio driver I need for win10

Go back to win 7 install all your drivers and if you want to upgrade to win 10 again, you can then install the drivers for win 10 from windows 7 old directory

- - - Updated - - -

I updated my desktop to windows 10 ultimate from windows 7 ultimate and had loads of problems. Apps wouldn't display, the "search the web" box didn't work, didn't recognise my scanner, lots of small problems. I am now back with 7 ultimate.

I'm not surprised you’re having these problems there is no such thing as widows 10 ultimate.

What version have you installed?

It can only be the Pro version

Sorry, I meant Windows 10 pro. I couldn't remember which version as I deleted it and couldn't look at the version, I knew it wasn't the basic version.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my problem was that I had the windows operating system installed on a SSD and all my program file on a separate hard drive.

- - - Updated - - -

I have reverted back to an old hard drive with a backup of windows seven from a couple of years ago and I already have the "Get Windows 10" icon at the bottom of the screen.

I went back to win7 and its crap very slow iv wrote this on phone before dw page loaded on laptop, terrible

I went back to win7 and its crap very slow iv wrote this on phone before dw page loaded on laptop, terrible

Keep it down; don't let @alimac here you say that,

Oh, it’s ok he’s not online

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 PC's that are 'entitled' to Win10, and only the slowest of the 3 (an Acer dual-screen i5) has successfully upgraded. I can't say its performance is any worse than it was before (when it had Win7) so I'm happy enough with that. I've had a couple of BSOD's, but used to get them anyway.
The other two PC's- HP's- won't upgrade. The older (win7 one) an Elite i5 is running some HP bloatware (security and recovery stuff) which apparently isn't compatible with 10. It's a fiddle to uninstall and, since the machine is running 7 perfectly well, there is no urgency.
The other HP is a more recent Envy i7 running 8.1. It doesn't tell why, but it just refuses to update. It goes through the motions, but after re-starting is seems to baulk at 86% then finally re-starts on 8.1 again.
Again, the laptop "works" so there's no great urgency. In fact I am reluctant to force an upgrade in case there's a good reason it won't upgrade- I don't want to break it lol! Plus I have better things to do with my time than babysit an awkward update. I wonder if it is a coincidence that it's the 2 HP's that want to remain stuck in the past.....

I have 3 PC's that are 'entitled' to Win10, and only the slowest of the 3 (an Acer dual-screen i5) has successfully upgraded. I can't say its performance is any worse than it was before (when it had Win7) so I'm happy enough with that. I've had a couple of BSOD's, but used to get them anyway.
The other two PC's- HP's- won't upgrade. The older (win7 one) an Elite i5 is running some HP bloatware (security and recovery stuff) which apparently isn't compatible with 10. It's a fiddle to uninstall and, since the machine is running 7 perfectly well, there is no urgency.
The other HP is a more recent Envy i7 running 8.1. It doesn't tell why, but it just refuses to update. It goes through the motions, but after re-starting is seems to baulk at 86% then finally re-starts on 8.1 again.
Again, the laptop "works" so there's no great urgency. In fact I am reluctant to force an upgrade in case there's a good reason it won't upgrade- I don't want to break it lol! Plus I have better things to do with my time than babysit an awkward update. I wonder if it is a coincidence that it's the 2 HP's that want to remain stuck in the past.....

The failure to install is more than likely to do with the software you have installed on your machines.

You have a whole year to upgrade, so it may be better to wait a little while longer and give a chance for the divers and software companies to catch up with Win 10.

The alternative is to uninstall some of the software you have installed on there and try again with the ISO route.

The failure to install is more than likely to do with the software you have installed on your machines.

You have a whole year to upgrade, so it may be better to wait a little while longer and give a chance for the divers and software companies to catch up with Win 10.

The alternative is to uninstall some of the software you have installed on there and try again with the ISO route.

I had a feeling it would be, trouble is knowing which software to remove. I did have a dodgy copy of Office 2013, I uninstalled that thinking it may have been the cause. I don't have any 'paid-for' apps so I could potentially restore to factory settings and try again. (Presumably I would have to install all the interim updates again?). But like I said, there's no rush so I'll give it a while longer.

August 27, 2015 12:27 pm by Gabe Aul

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC

Hi everyone,

We are releasing a new Windows 10 Insider Preview building to the Fast ring today: Build 10532. As always, there are bug fixes and improvements in this build over 10525, but also some new features we are very excited to share with Insiders.

• th2_release Professional 10532.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I have tried all versions on win 10, If its not enterprise dont bother. Win 7 is probably the best OS atm, untill MS sort out all the driver issues with 10.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a torrent for win 10 64bit enterprise but im not sure if i am allowed to post here, Admin please confirm if this is allowed if so i will try post with weekend.

I have checked it and its clean iso.

not on the open forum m8, only in the SPECIAL FORUMS

Microsoft launches Snip for Windows, turning screenshots into "show-and-tell"

0eb2d6cb-43a0-4ab2-a7da-c6161f3f015c_13.gif

Screenshots are a very handy way to show someone what you can see on your display, but on their own, they only tell part of the story. When you share that screenshot, the chances are you'll still have to explain its relevance - but Microsoft is aiming to streamline this whole process with a new tool from its Office team.

With Microsoft Snip for Windows, you can add your notes and scribbles directly to any screenshot that you capture, and you can even include voice notes, to make it even easier to explain what the image shows and why it matters.

If you've added a few notes and scrawls to the screenshot, the snip will then be copied to the clipboard (so that you can paste it into an app), or you can upload it to Microsoft's servers, and share the URL. If you add voice notes to the screenshot, you can save the snip as an MP4 video.

Snip runs as a docked widget at the top of the screen, so it's immediately accessible for those who regularly share screenshots from various applications. Since it's an app, Snip can also be closed if you just want it to get out of the way for any reason.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Anyone know how to get shot of this thing Capture.PNG I hope you can see the black arrow pointing to it :proud:

it just appeared today, possibly after an update, since it appeared the wee blue circle next to the curser just keeps spinning like its trying to do something, looked in task manager but cant see it. :err:

I think it's trying to download weather data, but I deleted all the apps?

Anyone know how to get shot of this thing View attachment 90942 I hope you can see the black arrow pointing to it :proud:

it just appeared today, possibly after an update, since it appeared the wee blue circle next to the curser just keeps spinning like its trying to do something, looked in task manager but cant see it. :err:

I think it's trying to download weather data, but I deleted all the apps?

I've just checked my one & only PC which has successfully updated to 10- and it doesn't have this. It's only a guess, but, given the shape of the wee icon, could it be trying to sign in to a cloud service? (Of the data variety!). I know MS are very keen to get everyone into the cloud, they'll probably have included it in 10 to try & suck more people in.

Back