Win 10 windows 10

Windows 10 Reached a Record Market Share Today

Data provided by GoSquared's Global Metrics service show that Windows 10 reached a record market share today, as it was spotted running on 15.67 percent of the computers across the world. These figures were reported on August 20 at 23:00 GMT+2, while overall, Windows 10 accounts for 13 percent of the whole Windows market share.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

i see nothing about motherboard in that tweet.
thanks but searching last night there was no definitive answer.
Microsoft seem to think a motherboard is a new pc and thus reqs a new operating system, was the most common thought i could find.
i have downgraded to win7 anyway because of the sound problems i'v been having(which seem to be gone)
and i must say everything seems snappier than on win 10!

i see nothing about motherboard in that tweet.
thanks but searching last night there was no definitive answer.
Microsoft seem to think a motherboard is a new pc and thus reqs a new operating system, was the most common thought i could find.
i have downgraded to win7 anyway because of the sound problems i'v been having(which seem to be gone)
and i must say everything seems snappier than on win 10!

What if You Change Your PC’s Hardware?

Microsoft has never actually wanted to explain exactly how the hardware-based Windows activation process works. Just replacing your hard drive or upgrading your graphics card shouldn’t cause a problem. If you’ve just changed a few peripherals, Windows 10 may just automatically activate itself after you clean-install it.

However, replacing your computer’s motherboard or CPU will likely be so big a change that it prevents the PC from automatically activating. Windows 10 will see it as a different hardware configuration, one which isn’t allowed to have the free upgrade.

According to Gabriel Aul, Vice President of Engineering for the Windows & Devices group at Microsoft, you can then contact support from within Windows 10, explain the situation, and they’ll activate Windows 10 for you:

Code:

Microsoft back tracked from original statement no doubt to get all to upgrade with regards hardware changes
seems they will allow motherboard change along with the rest

Desperate springs to mind

Microsoft back tracked from original statement no doubt to get all to upgrade with regards hardware changes
seems they will allow motherboard change along with the rest
Desperate springs to mind

MS registers a unique ID associated with your PC's motherboard and your sign in details to identify you for activation purposes,

Once you've changed your motherboard, you unique identification can no longer be authenticated, so you have to phone them to prove who you are.

With Windows 10 this is the way it has always been, nothing has changed.

Is this yet another operating system cocked up by the ''we want an Apple like system'' by M$?

Win10 will fail in its current state with at the very least Medical institutions. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws will never allow win10 in its current state. Hell, I just killed the "hey upgrade free" on all the systems the other week, at work. Shouldn't have slipped through in the first place. Never let your workstation users have access to Windows update lol

thank you idrob for all your help and input for us upgrading and using windows 10.
i am now very happy back on windows 7
if anything this has been the push to migrate to a less intrusive user friendly OS
to a more tech savy with a bit of learning involved OS.
i'll going down the Linux route i think , probs start with ubuntu and go from there.

no mate else where but work with it to my demise
you can use whatever source you like
pro or cons on Win 10
some say its growing some say its starting to slow down who really cares depends where you read lol
lets be honest they never got any OS sorted so the latest no doubt will be big failure
they have a long way to go for a good working OS

thank you idrob for all your help and input for us upgrading and using windows 10.
i am now very happy back on windows 7
if anything this has been the push to migrate to a less intrusive user friendly OS
to a more tech savy with a bit of learning involved OS.
i'll going down the Linux route i think , probs start with ubuntu and go from there.

If you’re not used to Linux I would recommend Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon
Excellent operating system and very good for a windows migrator

no mate else where but work with it to my demise
you can use whatever source you like
pro or cons on Win 10
some say its growing some say its starting to slow down who really cares depends where you read lol
lets be honest they never got any OS sorted so the latest no doubt will be big failure
they have a long way to go for a good working OS

I'm not disagreeing with you mate, in fact I agree with most of what you say

But you know that more than 90% of computer users in the world are using a Microsoft operating system

And this is the latest one. Yes there is a lot of work to be done to perfect it but we all know it will get there in the end, by hook or by crook

well lets just say they will be happy with sitting in middle kinda 50/50 either way
its flawed they know it & most users will be blind to it

Windows 10 Already Overtakes Windows XP in the United States

Right now, Windows 7 continues to be the leading choice for those using a PC in the United States, so the operating system launched in 2009 currently has a market share of 46.03 percent.

The second is Mac OS X with 17.82 percent, but this isn’t at all surprising because the US is also Apple’s home market and one of the countries where Mac and OS X are both really popular.

Windows 8.1 comes third with a share of 16.32 percent, followed by Windows 10, which managed to overtake both Windows XP and Windows 8 in a little over 20 days on the market.

Windows XP currently powers 4.24 percent of the PCs in America, while Windows 8 dropped to 2.22 percent. Windows Vista has a little bit more users, with its share now at 3.18 percent.

There’s no doubt that these figures will grow fast in the coming weeks, so expect Windows 10 to overtake Windows 8.1 and go after Windows 7 by the end of the year.

Code:

Munich Gave Up on Windows for Linux and Now It Wants to Install Windows Again

If you're a tech-savvy user who reads industry news every day, you probably heard that Munich decided some time ago to completely give up on Windows and switch to its own Linux-based operating system in search for lower costs and increased productivity.

The process took years to complete and approximately 15,000 city employees were switched to Limux in an effort that was supposed to help authorities save no less than 10 million Euro ($11 million). And it did, according to mayor Dieter Reiter.

But now, two councillors from Munich's conservative CSU party want the city to go back to Windows because they find Limux cumbersome to use and very limited, as they explained in a letter sent to the mayor.

Instead, they recommend the city to go back to Windows and Microsoft Office, which is not only more familiar and easier to use, but also provides support for apps that can greatly improve collaboration and communications..............................

Code:

I having some problems, after some updates my laptop keeps locking up Antone else having similar issues

I having some problems, after some updates my laptop keeps locking up Antone else having similar issues

I had one like that on a laptop when win 10 was still beta before the release

Go to settings / update and security / advanced options / view your update history / uninstall updates/ and chose the culprit causing the problems

Go to your laptop manufacturer for updates. All should be well. I have Windows 10 operating on 3 laptops and two desktops. No problem
I had one like that on a laptop when win 10 was still beta before the release

Go to settings / update and security / advanced options / view your update history / uninstall updates/ and chose the culprit causing the problems

Go to your laptop manufacturer for updates. All should be well. I have Windows 10 operating on 3 laptops and two desktops. No problem

You need some reading lessons mate

I updated from 8.1 to windows 10 on my laptop, seems to be working ok but now and then the cursor takes a mind of its own and darts all over the screen. I reboot and things go back to normal.

I updated my desktop to windows 10 ultimate from windows 7 ultimate and had loads of problems. Apps wouldn't display, the "search the web" box didn't work, didn't recognise my scanner, lots of small problems. I am now back with 7 ultimate.

Back