Win 10 windows 10

Is there really bugs in the release

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

There seems to be a problem with drivers for some systems, but if you do a backup of your drivers before you upgrade it should be OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, after trying for ages last night and logging the issue on feedback last night.
There was a windows update already this morning for my graphics card.

All back to normal.

What’s happening mate, have you got the release yet?

What’s happening mate, have you got the release yet?

Not sure actually mate, I have no updates downloaded but windows says I am om Pro.

To be honest been manic busy this last week I have limited time on pc.

Seems though that everyone is getting on OK looking trhrough the thread.

i be up grading over the weekend as i download iso windows 10 pro i see what it all about

Microsoft: 14 million devices are now running Windows 10

Microsoft has announced that after the first 24 hours of availability, Windows 10 is now installed on more than 14 million devices. The company is still rolling out the OS and if your machine has not received the new OS, be patient, as the company is working 24 hours a day to make sure that everyone who reserved a copy of the OS, receives it. But, be aware, the company says it may take a few weeks before everyone who registered is prompted to download Windows 10.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade counter shows install rate of 16 per second

Microsoft has pushed the giant button that released Windows 10 to consumers around the world and on the company's campus, they have a large counter showing how many upgrades have been completed.

Windows 10 is currently being installed at a feverish pace.

Code:

Windows 10 – The First 24 Hours

It has been an incredible 24 hours for Windows and our fans. We’re humbled and grateful to see the response to Windows 10. We have seen unprecedented demand for Windows 10, with reviews and customer feedback overwhelmingly positive around the globe. We are doing everything we can to upgrade the world to Windows 10 as quickly as possible over the coming days and weeks ahead.
Code:

Worse come to worst, if you can’t get it sorted, go back to your original Windows

How to downgrade Windows 10: Go back to Windows 7 or 8.1 in a few easy steps
Code:

Then get a backup of all your drivers

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/general-computer-topics-242/422937-windows-tips.html#post2523289

And upgrade again.
ok so how do i transfer the drivers from my windows.old folder , ie system32 folder to the windows of this new windows 10 that i have installed and have issues with the graphic card ?...dont really fancy go back to windows 7, backing up all the drivers as youve said, then reinsatlling windows 10 and copying over all the drivers from the ones ive saved for windows 7...ta

ok so how do i transfer the drivers from my windows.old folder , ie system32 folder to the windows of this new windows 10 that i have installed and have issues with the graphic card ?...dont really fancy go back to windows 7, backing up all the drivers as youve said, then reinsatlling windows 10 and copying over all the drivers from the ones ive saved for windows 7...ta

Go to device manager / click on display adapter / right click your graphics card / update driver software / browse my computer for driver / browse / local disk C: / windows old / System32 / OK

If the driver there is better suited to your graphics card it will install it

after update failed loads of times
i went the iso upgrade route and now trying to get to grips with windows 10.
thanks for the links

Windows 10 'Service Release 1' expected to roll out next month

The five million people who tested Windows 10 will get an early look at these features, as new preview builds of the OS will soon begin rolling out again for the first time post-launch. Microsoft's Terry Myerson said that the company is "working on some really cool updates to Windows 10 that the Windows Insiders will see soon", including efforts to improve battery life for portable devices.
Code:

Arrrrgh this is doing my bell end in. No movement so tried forcing the update by flushing the folder and running wuauclt.exe /updatenow from elevated command prompt. Goes through the motions but then Windows Update keeps failing.

Can't I just download an ISO and run it to do upgrade over the top of existing Win 7, so I get free upgrade registered, and then just wipe and do clean install?

Microsoft is using customers' bandwidth to deliver Windows updates

In order to alleviate some of the load on its servers and allow users to upgrade faster, Microsoft has introduced what it calls Windows Update Delivery Optimization, which works similar to a torrent, hosting the install files on local PCs and then propagating them to other PCs on either your local network or the internet.

The problem comes in the fact that Microsoft has enabled this option by default and that no notice is provided to customers that Windows is, in the background, using some of their bandwidth and their data for updating other users' Windows. Several web sites have already called Microsoft out for this and what they - and other consumers - find to be misallocation of their network without permission.

Code:

I turned mine off

- - - Updated - - -

Arrrrgh this is doing my bell end in. No movement so tried forcing the update by flushing the folder and running wuauclt.exe /updatenow from elevated command prompt. Goes through the motions but then Windows Update keeps failing.

Can't I just download an ISO and run it to do upgrade over the top of existing Win 7, so I get free upgrade registered, and then just wipe and do clean install?

Yes you can, most people that are having problems are doing it that way, just make sure the first install is an upgrade.

Attachments

• off.png
    off.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 7

I added the same to cmd twice then I deleted everything in the Datastore and downloads folders in software development and rebooted ran update and it worked now running w10

Everything got merged into one post like a sausage

idrob you seem to be the windows expert here
can you comment on some of the stuff on this for a layman?

Attachments

• naughty_windows.thumb.jpg
    naughty_windows.thumb.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 25
I'm just pretending to know mate, I don't know anything.

Besides I can’t read a thing on that picture, writing is to small.

Can you post something I can read or a link maybe?

sorry mate can see now that zoom don't work on it.
will try something else

Back