Win 10 windows 10

this any better?

Not much better to be honest but the things that I can see we’ve already covered.

If you go back and read the comments Alimac has been making about Windows and my responses to him throughout this thread.

But if there’s anything specific you would like my comment on I would be pleased to offer it, If I knew what the subject was

guess i'm just asking if microsoft are harvesting more of my personal info than ever before just because i got a free upgrade?

*edit open in a new tab and zoom in.works for me anyway :)

guess i'm just asking if microsoft are harvesting more of my personal info than ever before just because i got a free upgrade?

*edit open in a new tab and zoom in.works for me anyway :)

Again that subject was dealt with some weeks back, but just to set your mind at ease.

MS planted a Trojan on all new builds because that was the best way to get feedback from the insiders.

IT wasn’t exactly a secret and those who volunteered to be insiders accepted MS’s terms & conditions.

The Trojan was eliminated from all windows when it was released.

- - - Updated - - -

Those of us who will continue to be insiders may have the Trojan back but I’m not sure on that one.

I’ll find out and let you know

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

A previous blog post by Microsoft put the number of updates at 14 million in 24 hours and it seems that the rate at which users are upgrading their systems has only picked up, with a report claiming that the upgrade counter hit 67 million at 8 this morning. That's almost five times the number of upgrades compared to the first day of the launch.

Not only that but the company is said to have hit 15 Tbps, double the amount of bandwidth used when Apple last set a new record with its OS upgrade. Since Microsoft is performing a staggered rollout, it stands to reason that as they increase the size of each wave of updates, the company may start consuming even more bandwidth. This is almost certainly the largest software push in history and Microsoft is sure to be proud.

The company wants over 1 billion Windows 10 users within the next 2-3 years and at this rate, the company is off to a good start towards achieving its goal.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

just sort out decent firewall setup set pc as you want it to work not others
end of their crappy ways of working if you dont like it

Has anyone noticed whether windows 10 uses more or less processes than windows 7?

Does win 10 still have a task manager? As i do like to see my cpu max out.

Has anyone noticed whether windows 10 uses more or less processes than windows 7?

Does win 10 still have a task manager? As i do like to see my cpu max out.

The task manager is still there. Control panel is still there too but there is talk about getting rid of it so we don’t know how long it’ll be there for.

Processor I’m not sure about but I should imagine it must do

Maybe someone else can help us on that one

Last edited:

I found a clearer one online (they are plastered all over the net) and now I can see your concern.

Here’s a great Reddit thread explaining how to turn off a lot of the logging if you wish.

Code:

[GUIDE] How to disable data logging in W10.

There's been a lot of commotion over W10's privacy terms. I'm sure these methods can change/improve at any time, but here's a guide which should hopefully give you a relatively more private, safe experience, however at the risk of not being able to enjoy some of W10's features.

Before/During Installation

Do not use Express Settings. Hit Customize, and make sure everything is turned off.

It's strongly preferred that you use a local account with Windows 10.

After Installation

Head to Settings > Privacy, and disable everything, unless there are some things you really need.
While within the Privacy page, go to Feedback, select Never in the first box, and Basic in the second box.
Head to Settings > Update and Security > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered, and turn the first switch off.
Disable Cortana by clicking the Search bar/icon.
(Optional) Disable web search in Search by going to Settings, and turning off Search online and include web results.
Change the name of your PC by going to Start (or hitting the Windows key), typing About PC, and clicking Rename PC.

Slightly Complex

Open up the Command Prompt by launching cmd as an administrator, and enter the following:

sc delete DiagTrack

sc delete dmwappushservice

echo "" > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl

Open up the Group Policy Editor by launching gpedit.msc as an administrator. Go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds. Double click Telemetry, hit Disabled, then apply. NOTE: This only truly works in the Enterprise edition, but the final step provides a decent enough workaround for Pro users.

While still in the Group Policy Editor, go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive, double click Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage, hit Enabled, then apply.

While still in the Group Policy Editor, go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender, double click Turn Off Windows Defender, hit Enabled, then apply.
Open up the Registry Editor by launching regedit as an administrator. Go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection, select AllowTelemetry, change its value to 0, then apply.

First, download the Take Ownership tweak and enable it. Then, head to the Hosts File by going through C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc, take ownership of the hosts file, and add all of the IPs from this page into the file.

Up To You

Replace Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer with Firefox, Chromium, or any forks/variations of them.
Replace Windows Media Player with VLC or MPC-HC
Replace Groove Music with Foobar2000, Winamp, or MusicBee.
Replace Photos/Windows Photo Viewer with ImageGlass or IrfanView.

Code:

i put windows 10 but i cant activate it i down load iso img now i have no keys to activate

i put windows 10 but i cant activate it i down load iso img now i have no keys to activate

You have to click on skip activation while you’re upgrading; you don't have to activate it. Windows will activate itself

Last edited:
di you have a legit windows 7 in the first place, and the windows 10 icon to say that you can have the upgrade ?..did you upgrade or fresh install windows 10 ?..i had the windows 10 icon in taskbar, i forced the upgrade to windows 10 as i didnt want to wait...now i have windows 10 installed and is activated..

- - - Updated - - -

on my issues with ati radeon graphics card ive finally solved it...screen running at 1680x1050 res...with ati drivers installed and working see HERE..might help peeps with older graphic cards and slightly older machines..

di you have a legit windows 7 in the first place, and the windows 10 icon to say that you can have the upgrade ?..did you upgrade or fresh install windows 10 ?..i had the windows 10 icon in taskbar, i forced the upgrade to windows 10 as i didnt want to wait...now i have windows 10 installed and is activated..

- - - Updated - - -

on my issues with ati radeon graphics card ive finally solved it...screen running at 1680x1050 res...with ati drivers installed and working see HERE..might help peeps with older graphic cards and slightly older machines..

Well done mate, Can you post that in the windows how to thread, it will just get lost here

I went to start/ settings/ privacy / and I clicked off to everything I found there, including:

General, location, camera, microphone, speech, account info, contacts, calendar, messaging, radio, other devices, feedback, background apps.

Now my computers fan is as quite as a lamb and it seems faster than ever.

But it could be my imagination because my computer has always been incredibly fast compared to others I’ve seen.

Can someone else try it and let us know if there is a difference in speed after you turn everything off.

Attachments

• privacy.png
    privacy.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 14
I turned loads off but not noticed any difference as of yet.

Must be my imagination but I'm sure MS Word loads up and closes much faster than before.

Thanks for trying mate; you can always turn them back on again if you’re not happy with it.

You have to click on skip activation while you’re upgrading; you don't have to activate it. Windows will activate itself

the windows 7 i did have was not true copy i put windows 10 on my pc but i cant activate as i have no keys is the daz activate

daz is the one for you mate make sure upto date also upgrade to correct version of 10

Back