Win 10 windows 10

In a matter of about 24 hours, the Internet has gone full circle on the issue of Windows 10 is free for Insiders, to it's not free, back to its free for Insiders as long as they, at some point in time, had a genuine Windows 7 or 8 license.

Windows 10 will only be available for users with a genuine copy of Windows 7 or 8.1, so there’s no such thing as a free lunch. At least, not for now and not for insiders.

@alimac got it right after all

Last edited by a moderator:
as said before cannot understand the rush to go grabbing this OS

if you wait long enough it will probably become available to all as like all previous versions

although i did hear they were scrapping product keys for new activation methods

time will tell meantime enjoy your Win 7 as i intend to do for a while yet

if you opt into it you will always be a guinea pig as to why its free upgrade

you are committing to a life time of testing

It’s up to each individual, some people like to play safe and some live dangerously.

As long as you have a backup it’s not that difficult to get things back to how they were, should your system crash which is the worst thing that can happen to you.

Personally I’ve always played with the Beta versions of operating systems, even in the days of MS Dos

Do you remember DR-dos?

if you opt into it you will always be a guinea pig

Both Insider and Current Branch will thus play the role of lab rat for Current Branch for Business users, testing updates before they're released to Microsoft's most important customers: enterprises. Without a suitable number of Insiders, that plan is in trouble, and bugs that should have been caught will instead worm their way onto hundreds of millions of consumer PCs, creating a PR and fix-it-fast nightmare. Or worse, corporate machines get a buggy update, or more accurately, a buggier update than Microsoft intended, a risk enterprise-dependent Redmond simply can't afford.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I had seen that Windows 10 will include DirectX 12 and that DirectX 12 will be supported by most of the DirectX 11 graphic Cards.
Can somebody agree? Is it right?
I couldn't find a list about Details which Cards will be supported.

Regards,

I had seen that Windows 10 will include DirectX 12 and that DirectX 12 will be supported by most of the DirectX 11 graphic Cards.
Can somebody agree? Is it right?
I couldn't find a list about Details which Cards will be supported.

Regards,

Will My Graphics Card Support Windows 10’s DirectX 12

Code:

As Idrob says its each to there own, this is my first beta testing but I did it because I needed to reinstall teh operating software anyway (do regular disk format and reinstall as only way to really clean the cr*p out of the system).
Actually have enjoyed being on the beta versions and seeing what is good / bad about the builds although I am not a great techie so lots of it passes me by.
I jumped from the fast ring as ultimaltely if it was buggy I could just go back to my normal version of windows.

I will probably stay on the insider program.

My version of windows is genuine so all the validation is not a issue though I have not gone legal on office when I had a different version previously.

as you say mate each to their own

personally i have no interest in Win 10 legal or otherwise

happy as i am lol

Not sure why home users are that fussed about 'stability' - do you run the BACS systems for Natwest and need that level of stability? :p Enterprise environment is different and make sense to have an amount of soak testing time

I just like new stuff. Win 7 is such a great product but i'm bored of it. I jumped to Windows 8 and then 8.1 as soon as I could. I've had a couple of the test builds, worked fine for me - i'll make the jump at home as soon as it's full released and at work soon as we load the Enterprise keys onto our KMS!

Microsoft issues fix for Windows 10 build 10130 preparing for next build

Many of us are patiently waiting for the next desktop build of Windows 10, but it looks like the flight was held up by problems with the current version.

It looks like build 10130, the currently available Fast Ring image, has some problems when looking for newer builds. It’s this that may have delayed the launch of a new desktop build. Luckily, Microsoft has issued a fix.

If you check Windows Update on some systems you’ll be greeted by KB3070677, an update that allows build 10130 to correctly search and identify for newer versions of Windows 10. The problem seems to only be restricted to Core Editions of the OS, but hitting that update button easily fixes it.
Code:

JCord @j1cordingley
@gabeAul any builds this week? my friend @andrearamis254 cannot get his phone to Downgrade to upgrade you been quite to quite today

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul
@j1cordingley @andrearamis254 We have candidates for both PC and phone builds that look promising. Reviewing issues and deciding soon.
11:20 PM - 23 Jun 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
Avast Free Antivirus Beta Update Adds Improved Windows 10 Support

A beta update that the company rolled out today for its free antivirus solution brings improved Windows 10 support, so in case you’re already running the Insider Preview, this app should help you stay on the safe side until the final version arrives.
Code:

download Avast Free Antivirus 10

Code:

No New Windows 10 Preview Build for PCs Coming This Week

The company was expected to provide insiders with a new PC build sometimes this week, but it turns out that we need to wait a little bit longer, as Redmond is still evaluating candidates and testing several builds to determine which one is stable enough to be released to users.

Basically, everyone expected to get a new PC build because the company rolled out Windows 10 Mobile build 10080 last week, so it was believed that the PC would get some love sometime these days. But given the fact that Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 is now live, the company is now trying to collect feedback on this new release and only then roll out another PC version.

Plus, Microsoft doesn’t usually release new builds on Friday or during weekends, so the next PC version is expected sometime next week.

Code:

Theres a new icon appeard in the task bar on my new dell win 8.1 laptop saying get win 10 now. I allows you to pre order for the free upgrade.

Windows 10 Almost Ready, RTM Now Imminent – Rumors

Windows leaker: Microsoft is likely to make a decision soon
While the whole world’s waiting for a new preview build of Windows 10, Microsoft is hard at work to improve the existing builds internally and correct all the bugs that have been found before the big launch on July 29.

Code:

Windows 10 Build 10154 Release Notes Leaked

Windows 10 build 10154 was released to partners earlier today and now thanks to a leak, we can finally have a look at the release notes and see what’s new in this fresh version.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Build 10154 - Leaked??

Time goes by and Microsoft hasn't released a new build for PC's yet... Well, after the leaked 10147 we may get another one, this time 10154. This build as arrived to Microsoft Ring and Wzor reports to be leaking it. Is not known exactly if it is RTM or not, but I think not.
Let's wait and see, this post will be updated in next hours.
Code:

apparently comes with good few bugs

Back