willem 4.5 help

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry if this in the wrong place but didn't no where else to ask...iv got a willem 4.5 and i want to read a 24c16 soic chip..the problem is i don't have a socket for it...can i attach it to the zif unit to read it...iv googled it and searched everywhere but i cant find the answer...any info would be good...thanks in advance

yeah that should be fine, just keep the wires extremely short.

would nt even bother tbh
buy a watercard and use ya card programer to erase and re program it with new dump

would nt even bother tbh
buy a watercard and use ya card programer to erase and re program it with new dump

wheres the best place get a wafercard from??? the chip is out of my car stereo...i just want the code off it so i juust need the dump...thanks

wheres the best place get a wafercard from??? the chip is out of my car stereo...i just want the code off it so i juust need the dump...thanks

he thought you where doing a netid m8

solder 8 wires to the chip legs, insert in the ziff

cheers benny. can i do this with the chip still on the board??or have i got to remove it???? any ideas of jumper settings???and do i just take the dump using willem software???or ponyprog or whatever its called????the pic on the willem when you click the chip doesn't show zif method hence i'm not sure what settings and once again thanx

tmc do es the water card
think it about 12quid

cheers benny. can i do this with the chip still on the board??or have i got to remove it????

that depends on the circut around the eepom and what its connected to m8, the choice is yours {some boards allow incircut reading some wont}.

any ideas of jumper settings???and do i just take the dump using willem software???or ponyprog or whatever its called????the pic on the willem when you click the chip doesn't show zif method hence i'm not sure what settings and once again thanx

i dont own a willem m8 so i cant realy say

the ziff position for the eeprom in the pic should be correct though m8 {its pretty much standard on all programers

will it fook the chip if its wrong mate?? or just come up as error???this reading stereos is all new stuff..give me an atmel any day....should of just give it the garage to do..but you no how it is... if they can do it why cant i !!!!!all knowledge is good knowledge...

will it fook the chip if its wrong mate?? or just come up as error???this reading stereos is all new stuff..give me an atmel any day....should of just give it the garage to do..but you no how it is... if they can do it why cant i !!!!!all knowledge is good knowledge...

wrong positioning in the ziff or trying to read it incircut wont nacker the chip m8

it might erase the chip but it wont kill it

like i said ,the eeprom positioning should be correct............there should'nt be a problem if your settings are correct and you try reading it incircut.........the worse that could happen is you wont get a proper read

might save a bit of hassle if you take the chip out to read m8

Last edited:
cheers mate, i'll have a go tommorrow...i dont really no why i bother for 15 quid..but its just one of those things..

dont do it insystem, its extremely unlikely to work.

if you have no joy, ill read it for you and return the chip long as you cover postage.

Back