Wiiflow Channel help

Hello Kitty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi..

I have recently softmodded my Wii, following someones (not sure who) suggestion... using Chris Lowthians tut..

I have games working now (eventually), using Wiiflow..

My question is... how do I add the Wiiflow as a channel? I have 2 small children & rather they just accessed the games through the Wiiflow channel than having to go through the Homebrew Channel incase they press on something they shouldn't..

Also.. I would like the games to have covers as my youngest isn't a good enough reader to read the names of the games..

I have done this over 3 days, taking a fair few hours following different tuts.. so if possible a very simple guide for me to follow.. Have tried googling & searching without success..

TIA
Kitty

you would need a channel forwader to to do that.

i would recommend you you use modmii to instal config usb loader.

modmii is an interactive wizard that will download everything you need and write you a custom tut.

yes, you need to install the 'Wii Flow Channel Forwarder' - this points to the HD/SD card where the actual wiiflow is. The set up docs are usually enclosed with the channel forwarder .wad

Hi..
Thanks for the replies.. I have downloaded Modmii & followed instructions on getting cfg usb loader... I now have this & also Wiiflow which both work for the games..

I have put forwarder onto SD card & tried to put onto wii, but whenever I click on it on Wii it says error launching..

Any ideas where I'm going wrong...

Hi again..

I have done some searching & found a tut saying I need Ios58 installed to run the wiiflow forwarder... But when this is installed it says I need to reinstall the homebrew channel.. Is this correct? I'm a bit scared to do this, with it taking me so long to get it working in the first place... I will do it if this is the only way..

I'm not sure I have even got the forwarder in the correct folder on my SD card...

you still have homebrew channel.

this is what i would do.

1: delete any usb loader.
2. use modmiii
select remod wii and select replace all active ios's and upgrade to 4.3 with every channel including usb loader.

its difficult for me to explain wht you need to do,
if you are on msn or skype i can talk you through it...

just give us a buzz.. :)

Thanks Buzzer..

Will do this tomorrow now... have to be up early for work.. will let you know how I get on..

Kitty

buzzer . just out of curiousity why update to 4.3 is there any advantages of 4.3 than 4,2?

only real advantage is when you go online.
if your wii is on anyting lower than 4.3, then you will be prompted to do system update, this will overwrite you modified cios's.

simplest thing to do is update to 4.3 and instal all active ios's

like i say, only disadvantage would be if you were using your wii online.

if you were using the shopping channel you might be prompted to do an online update.

afaik there is no other diffrence between wii version 4.1 to 4.3

After a long day at work & 2 hours of trying to understand the Modmii instructions, & softmodding from the VERY beginning again, it still didn't work, instructions are a bit confusing, so not sure if I did them correctly..

I eventually found another web page which gave me step by step (for dummies like me) instructions on how to put a channel on..

Kids are well happy now... just need to spend a few hours copying all their games onto hard drive, to save the discs..

Thanks for the help
Kitty

Yes, thank you.. all done..

At least the one downstairs is..... hopefully the one in the kids bedroom will be much easier to sort now I know how to do it..

it should take you 20minutes to mod a wii from start to finish if your doing a nand backup...

yuo will be surprised how quick you are with the second one.. ;)

Back