Wii playing up

gravedigger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any body had any probs with there Wii yet. Mine started after 2 days of use. On wii sports the players kept swinging and moving without remote even being yold to. Thought that was strange so changed to a brand new remote.

Now this remote, the wii dont even pick up, 4 blue leds come on, starts searching for the console then all 4 lights go off. Done this with 2 brand remotes, and the original that it came with. :(

so im now presuming its either the wii sensor or the console itself. Any body else have any input to this. Sucks as now gonna have 2 take back 2 argos and wait til new stock comes after i was so lucky getting one in the 1st place.

:(

Sounds like you are having Bluetooth problems. Have you re-synced all the remotes to the console? Or is there anything in the vicinity that might be interfering with or blocking the signal?

N.B. As far as I can tell the sensor is only for pointing actions with button presses and motion sensing all bluetooth.

yeah think i would go with the remote too have u droped it or hit it during play ?

yeah think i would go with the remote too have u droped it or hit it during play ?

nope.

as i thought was remote so exchanged for a brand new 1 today. thing is this time i cant get into the game to test remote as the remote isnt being recognised bu the console.

catch 22. as usual for me.

how do you rest bluetooth on these {especially with no controller}

thanks guys..

srry am i dumb, u meant press the reset button on both controller and console. yeah tried that mate. i swear its bluetooth then. gone all pete tong on me.

Last edited:
Open the little slot on the front of the console, where the SD cards go. In there you will see a red button. Press it to and then press the power button on the WiMote. This should Sync them two together

This is when the blue-tooth has gone a bit tits up , power down the console completely , ie remove the power input from the machine , plug back in , all should be ok .

To pair a wiimote with the console you push the red button behind the flap on the front of the console and then push the red button inside the battery compartment of the wiimote. The blue lights will flash on the wiimote as it pairs and then one light will stay lit showing which controller it it is.

The wiimote that comes with the console is paired at the factory, all additional controllers have to be paired as above.

all ok my end , take your wii to another house just to see if you got any interference

Back