Wii not seeing usb drive

maca

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all modded my wii with modmii all done ok problem is it cant see my usb drive its a freecom classic HD 250GB im using a 16G sancruzer usb stick games work fine when i boot from the stick
copied same files from sancruzer to freecom usb nothing just keeps retrying any ideas :silly:

there is a list of compatable/incompatable harddrives for wii's.

tbh, i just buy the cheapest and have never had a problem lol.

its recomended to use a harddrive with its own power supply, usb powered drives are supposed to be problomatic....

have you formatted the harddrive to fat32 like the usb stick?

yes formatted to fat 32 with gui formatter checked the list in mii mod files and it says works ?

yes stick formatted same way even tried same files that are on usb stick maybe it the power thing like you have said thanks

hold on the drive does have its own power supply lol still nothing :Dunce:

i used wbfs manager . it formatted the harddrive to nstc thou but works perfect on my wii

I know it sounds silly but are you plugging it in the correct USB port?

yes my sandisk cruzer works fine plugged in same port nothing just keep getting retry ?

so does a ntsc drive work ?

Do you mean NTFS? (NTSC is US TV/Game region)

NTFS only used to work with certain cIOS' but not sure about now. Personally I dumped WBFS and just stick with FAT32 now

yes ntfs sorry so if u want to play iso image games u need drive formated to ntfs sorry for being thick first time lol

like i said before mate wbfs manager for the wii formatted my harddrive to ntfs and game wrk fine

I had similar prob, unplugged hard drive, turned Wii on and updated usb loader, restarted and plugged hard drive back in and it worked fine. Worth a try.

this wii is on ver.4.1 now before i used modmii it recommended i update to 4.1 as it was on 3.0e

is it safe to mod to latest version could this have anything to do with it tried to burn iso to disk cod mw3 loads then just

sticks on loading screen

using neo gamma ?

burnt iso with nero 4x speed verbatim disks

mine is on 4.3e and i softmodded mine with chris lowintians tut no game needed mate

Back