wii chip

in the process of soldering the chip i managed to join two of the little legs together and cant get hem apart any ideas

you could have done with some solder brad (maplins)
but if you have some old tv aerial wire remove the plastic coating and then you have the outer copper braiding, need to cut some of that away and dip it in some flux and hold it onto where you have joined the legs, and put your clean soldering iron on top and keep doing this until the copper braid sucks up the solder

you could have done with some solder brad (maplins)
but if you have some old tv aerial wire remove the plastic coating and then you have the outer copper braiding, need to cut some of that away and dip it in some flux and hold it onto where you have joined the legs, and put your clean soldering iron on top and keep doing this until the copper braid sucks up the solder
good little tip that i got of a mate aswell,from the look of my soldring on a test pc motherboard i will need a fecking roll of it lol

think i have scrapped it still cant get bridged solder off when plug in it said theris a disk error wher can you buy new disk drives need one soon before her indoors finds out

nip to maplins m8, get some desoldering braid, and try that.

lots cheeper than a new drive.

remember use plenty flux and don't keep iron for tooooo long, you don't want to damage the main chip.

10m De-soldering Reels > Maplin

n58al.jpg

Flux Dispensing Pen > Maplin

n63aa.jpg

might be worth investing in these, and then in future, you can help out other friends/family if they want one doing.

got some but in the process iv manager to break the track nightmare

anyone know someone who can fix nintendo wii will pay thanks

That would work fine, but then you have still go to go ahead and install your chip again
and they may not be that much wrong with your drive, I have sent you a PM to see if I can help you out

i have seen pics of xbc's work, and deffo trust him you need a track repairing and/or chip installing.

gone ahead and bought new drive as its my sons birtday at weekend and i know his nan has got him some games and my wife will lynch me if she found out lol
thanks for all your help guys i think i need to practice a bit more on my soldering

Back