Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wii chip

ross1995

Inactive User
am i right in thinking that the best way to tell what mod chip you need is to open the wii up cheers

am i right in thinking that the best way to tell what mod chip you need is to open the wii up cheers

You can try and use the Wii Tracker to determine what chipset it has:

h**p://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php

However it may give you a 50/50 idea. In this case you need to open it up and take a look

whats your serial, and i will narrow it down even more for you.

if you don't want to post it here, you can pm me the serial.

or just post the start of it here and miss off the last 3 digits.

e.g. LEH18487###

im sure when i checked about a month or so ago it was 50/50 unnless i put wrong number in thanks

you will have a D2C wii deffo m8.

i would go for nice easy argon install, let us know if you need a chip.

ross1995

Your best bet if yor not to good using a solder iron is to get your self a solderless wii-clip combo

D2pro
D2sun v1.31 or the new V3.0

both chips are very good

D2pro is updated via Jtag ribbon cable but you have to buy a Dprog to upgrade the firmware on the chip the D2e version 3 chip comes the the latest firmware on it unless Nintendo make a massive change Ie.... bring out a update to stop all modchips working then you will be safe for a couple of months.

Dsun is updated via Dvd... Yet to be released the good thing about the D2sun they use a pin switch for there jumper setting so no need to download config disc to set the regions just use the pin switch

D2SUN-chip_V1x.jpg

as my soldering is not to bad ill go for the argon chip does it come updated and will i need a programmer cheers

as my soldering is not to bad ill go for the argon chip does it come updated and will i need a programmer cheers

I would check with your seller to confirm, but I would of thought if you get one from Highlander he would make sure it was updated to the latest FW for you.

thanks xbc, yes if anyone needs argons, i can update to any firmware they require, as default they are 1.8 firmware.

length of kynar has been supplied with ribbon cable and argon.

double up on power feeds (-ve & +ve) but plenty of wire there m8.

any probs just ask, or pm me.

and if you are really stuck, i will pm you my number.

Back