Wifi

ty1012ler

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,I have a TP-LINK TL-WN725N usb adapter plugged it into the box but it is not recognised,it is supposed do wifi can anyone offer any advice please.

You need to use a compatible WiFi adaptor, I.e: make sure there is enigma 2 drivers available for it . You may also have to install the drivers from your images plugins menu.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it doesn't work I've seen ones on fleabay that are meant to be compatible for £5. Just search zgemma and you should find them. I've never tried one myself though, could you let us know how you get on as I may purchase one in future.

just to let u know, wifi is crap for using cams. ive never had very good succes with it. wired straight in to your router is better. theres very little or no loss with it. if your router is away from the box, look up home plugs. they atrt aff about £25 on amazon and usual electrical places.

I've got a zgemma in daughters bedroom using cheap usb wifi off ebay. Zero problems using it. No different than me downstairs using homeplugs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi,I have a TP-LINK TL-WN725N usb adapter plugged it into the box but it is not recognised,it is supposed do wifi can anyone offer any advice please.

Dependent on what image your running connect box to router using Ethernet then go to plugins/feeds and search for the driver you need and install and your wifi will show up in network settings and configure..driver info should be on packaging or on the cd that came with adapter with drivers on it..

you know what they say, if its not broke dont fix it. everybodys got different levels of internet and wifi. i have ipads n ps3s xboxes all on my wifi. if i get shaped then the kids watch netflix in sd! so the box would just never work. however if its on ethernet directly in to the box it gets a priority then the wifi is shared with whats left. (mostly) i also feel if the router is getting pumped by the kids then the signal gets poorer and again the box will suffer.

Thanks for all your replies, I was unable to find a driver for the tp-link but I came across another adapter that I forgot I had and was able to find a driver for it and set it up and it worked to a point but I got regular freezes with it, it is only 500 cm from the router so I returned to the wired connection. I have a 100 mb bb and there are others in my house that use it but it is not over used. I do not need the wifi but as the box supports it I thought I would try it, not 100% sucessful in my case.

i have a zgemma h.2s working with a cheap WiFi adapter I got on the internet. it cost about 6 pounds and had the option of a high gain WiFi adapter so went with that. I must say it is flawless. Very simple to set up like stated above, download the driver through the plugins menu, then connect to WiFi an turn off the Ethernet connection. I upgraded to this because I was using home plugs and it was just terrible, channels constantly pausing etc. I'm using this upstairs and my router is downstairs. So not sure does the high gain make any difference, but I think there was like a 2 pounds price difference between standard and high gain. But must say the WiFi adapter has made my zgemma more enjoyable to watch and made me more interested in it again.

Back