WiFi Dongles

pandax

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Vu Solo 2 specifically supports a handful of wifi dongles or if I can use any random one and it will work?

Also does anyone know which dongle would be the best in terms of range and speed that is compatible.

Also do these dongles have to be plug and play?

So far I have seen ferguson wifi dongle and original vu+, but people with them have original vu solo2, so would it still work on the clone?

The original VU+ dongle is very expensive I must say.

Thanks, I await to here you opinions.

Does anyone know if Vu Solo 2 specifically supports a handful of wifi dongles or if I can use any random one and it will work?

Also does anyone know which dongle would be the best in terms of range and speed that is compatible.

Also do these dongles have to be plug and play?

So far I have seen ferguson wifi dongle and original vu+, but people with them have original vu solo2, so would it still work on the clone?

The original VU+ dongle is very expensive I must say.

Thanks, I await to here you opinions.

will work with any wifi dongle just about..mine cost £3 and works fine..if you find your dongle is not supported straight away just install a driver from feeds.while on Ethernet obviously..

There was a list on a forum that showed which dont work, and which work. i personally havent found one that works at a good speed, very slow where other devices are faster from same location. not sure why, maybe cos wireless N although faster has smaller range

There was a list on a forum that showed which dont work, and which work. i personally havent found one that works at a good speed, very slow where other devices are faster from same location. not sure why, maybe cos wireless N although faster has smaller range

Basically powerplugs are the way to go.

I have not come across any regular wifi dongle that don't work..there are a few that will need to have the correct wifi driver installed from feeds but that's about it..I use the 300 mbs dongles for £4-£5 from the usual places..work on every box I have had or still use..but as said its horses for courses and what suits you best.

Back