Wickes...rename racist shed preserver..

Can I suggest the Oxford dictonary ?

well, the reason I ask is that you have made some comments around here that could be construed as rascist, but then go on to say it is a very serious issue. How serious an issue do you think it is?

MOBO stands for Music Of Black Origin, not Musicians Of Black Origin.

There is nothing to stop a person whos white or other ethnicity from winning a MOBO. Although I haven't exactly researched the ethnicity of all previous winners, it does seem Justin Timberlake is the only 'non-black' to have won.

However, IMO, it has got to the point were some of the PC people are more racist than the BNP...

well, the reason I ask is that you have made some comments around here that could be construed as rascist, but then go on to say it is a very serious issue. How serious an issue do you think it is?
If you're talking about the "coloured peeps" remark, I assumed it was tongue-in-cheek as this thread is about Wikes thinking that black people would take offence to a paint colour being called dark brown.

[Edit] Karym, I'm not calling you racist...

[note to self] must learn to proof read!

Last edited:

There is nothing to stop a person whos white or other ethnicity from winning a MOBO. Although I haven't exactly researched the ethnicity of all previous winners, it does seem Justin Timberlake is the only 'non-black' to have won.

Eminen, Jamiroquai, Christina Aguilera & Amy Winehouse have also won MOBO's in various catagories :)

However, IMO, it has got to the point were some of the PC people are more racist than the BNP...

If you're talking about the "coloured peeps" remark, I assumed it was tongue-in-cheek as this thread is about Wikes thinking that black people would take offence to a paint colour being called dark brown.

[Edit] Karym, I'm not calling you racist...

[note to self] must learn to proof read!
No, I was reffering to another thread, not this one.

What comments are you talking about ?

there is one here that could be construed as rascist:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1308723&postcount=22

But back to the question, how serious an issue do you think it is?

My local chinks know me by now and leave me and the missus alone, but several times before they took the hint, whenever they came up and said "everything ok?" I simply said no, someone keeps coming up to me and asking if everything is ok !! and disturbing the conversation I am having with my wife.

Don't get me wrong it provided an awkward moment but works a treat lol, but we as a country do not speak up enough, we would rather say nothing to the person causing the annoyance then come on a forum and rant !! lol

So if i call you a Scot then I am a rascist ? Whats the weather like on your planet ?

This thread is about the stupidity of PC madness, it did not ask you to add to it !!

And I have stated how seriously I take this subject and I do not like repeating myself.
And I have stated how seriously I take this subject and I do not like repeating myself.

lol has he got u doing lines now ;)

I hardly expect anyone here to seriously say that calling someone who is chinese a chink is fine. It has nothing to do with the so called 'pc madness' that you to accuse anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Instead its all about respect.

Now, as it happens, I can find nothing here that backs up your statement that you take racism seriously.

At the end of the day the paint wasn't called ch*nky cream or n*gga brown... People have just become too hung up on the PC madness that exists...I'm sure most sane black/brown people wouldn't be offended by a paint advertised as "dark brown" the same as most white people don't care if a gloss is "pure white"...

What pisses me off is that the name has been changed due to the every growing number of people who will use the racist "trump card" at every chance to provide a justification as to how badly this country treats them...

Now, as it happens, I can find nothing here that backs up your statement that you take racism seriously.

I can't find anything here that says you actually take the matter any more seriously than I , what is your point (if indeed you actually have one) ?

I have plenty of Asian/mixed race friends and have just called one of them and she nearly wet herself to find out that I was actually a rascist as I have been callin her a chink for years.

karym6 mate, you must work for some middle government body or something to come off with such crap, and if you really do think that I am a rascist then it is obvious to me at least that you would not recognise a rascist if they bit you on the ass.

To brand someone a rascist(which is a very serious statement to make) because I called my local chinese restraunt a "chinks" is to say the very least stupid, especially given you do not have the slightest idea who I am and my social circle.

I can't find anything here that says you actually take the matter any more seriously than I , what is your point (if indeed you actually have one) ?

I have plenty of Asian/mixed race friends and have just called one of them and she nearly wet herself to find out that I was actually a rascist as I have been callin her a chink for years.

karym6 mate, you must work for some middle government body or something to come off with such crap, and if you really do think that I am a rascist then it is obvious to me at least that you would not recognise a rascist if they bit you on the ass.

To brand someone a rascist(which is a very serious statement to make) because I called my local chinese restraunt a "chinks" is to say the very least stupid, especially given you do not have the slightest idea who I am and my social circle.

thank god, a voice of reason..! People really do need to take a HUGE chill pill!

you will note, of course, that I didnt call you a racist. Instead I mentioned that some of your comments could be construed as racist.

Just because your friend doesnt mind being called that doesnt mean that no other chinese people will mind it.

Its about time people stopped blaming their fears and insecurities on the so called 'PC crowd'.

And back to the question at hand, how seriously do you take racism in the UK? My thoughts and feelings on the subject are all over this forum. Hence the label of 'PC crowd member' being flung at me constantly.

you will note, of course, that I didnt call you a racist. Instead I mentioned that some of your comments could be construed as racist,

Which comments ?
And did you know 99.9% of this forum does not give a siht what you think,

i think he's david cameron ;) Dont vote labour. in fact, don't vote

think i'll be ordering a nice chinky tonight hehe

This thread just shows how this sort of nonsense stirs up trouble.

It's obvious that the guy in the shop was talking out of his hat but still people continue to post and stir up trouble.

This site is not the Dail Mail for goodness sake.

Racism is becoming like asthma..

For instance a child is playing football.. a bigger kid comes along and pushes the younger one.. to stop the bigger kid from hitting him further he plays on his asthma to make everyone say stop and feel sorry for him....

In my conclusion.. people using this type of method are infact the actual disease themself..

I enter allot of houses everyday.. when i knock the door of an asain house i tend to hear Goree' at door Goree' at door, which means "white at door"..

When i asnwer the door i dont asnwer with oh there's a muslim at the door..

Theres needs to be something done about this as its getting out of hand.. the non white people are becoming worse than the whites at being racist..

Racism is becoming like asthma..

For instance a child is playing football.. a bigger kid comes along and pushes the younger one.. to stop the bigger kid from hitting him further he plays on his asthma to make everyone say stop and feel sorry for him....

In my conclusion.. people using this type of method are infact the actual disease themself..

I enter allot of houses everyday.. when i knock the door of an asain house i tend to hear Goree' at door Goree' at door, which means "white at door"..

When i asnwer the door i dont asnwer with oh there's a muslim at the door..

Theres needs to be something done about this as its getting out of hand.. the non white people are becoming worse than the whites at being racist..

a very good point to make. It isnt a one sided problem.

Well, being a chess nut I am truly offended that I should be tarred with the same label as Dark Brown, especially as the chess board is black & white!!

Bring back Robertsons marmalade mascot!

Back