Why would clients not be able to connect to me?

nirelandguy

Member ++
Reaction score
I've set up my no-ip address, setup port forwarding, if I enter the no-ip address it takes me straight to my box log in page so it is forwarding, and an example of one of my f lines is

F: example password 3 0 0 { 0:0:3 }

Where have I gone wrong?

I've set up my no-ip address, setup port forwarding, if I enter the no-ip address it takes me straight to my box log in page so it is forwarding, and an example of one of my f lines is

F: example password 3 0 0 { 0:0:3 }

Where have I gone wrong?

Looks like you have setup your end ok.
What does one of the corresponding C lines look like??

C: example.dyndns.tv 26000 me password no

I haven't set up NewCS, do I need to? I've no local cards

You don't need anything other than CCcam 2.1.4 on server & client boxes or indeed any version of it if you are not hoping to read a local card. NewCS not required.

F line should be - F: username password 3 0 0 { 0:0:3 }
and corresp C line - C: example.dyndns.tv 26000 username password no

as lomg as you have correctly forwarded port 26000 to CCcam and assigned it to the right device it should work.

I've no local cards

Thinking about it, if you have no local card, what are you hoping to share??
If you are already using a shared card and are hoping to share it onwards, the card owner can prevent this action (known as reshare) with the correct number entered in the F line they have setup for you so your client boxes will never get access to it on a Hop2 basis.

Use CCcam info to ensure your clients are connecting first. If they are then look at the servers page and see what downhop your server(s) allows.

If your clients are not connecting, address that problem first.

Im baffled, Portchecker says port 12000 is not open or not reachable, but if I look at Cccam info page it says 3 clients connected, does this mean its working or not? On th TM does DHCP need to be checked or not?

Thinking about it, if you have no local card, what are you hoping to share??
If you are already using a shared card and are hoping to share it onwards, the card owner can prevent this action (known as reshare) with the correct number entered in the F line they have setup for you so your client boxes will never get access to it on a Hop2 basis.

Use CCcam info to ensure your clients are connecting first. If they are then look at the servers page and see what downhop your server(s) allows.

If your clients are not connecting, address that problem first.

I thought the idea was everyone just kept re sharing on, So does this mean I'm basically just leaching anyway?

I thought the idea was everyone just kept re sharing on, So does this mean I'm basically just leaching anyway?

If you are using a paid for cardserver, you will not be able to reshare as the server owner will not allow it as you are effectively doing him out of cash and adding to the users of his bandwidth (explanation another time).
What you need to do is find someone willing to share their card on paid basis but not wanting to make money from it and you can negociate a reshare allowance from them.

The port you should be forwarding to CCcam is the same port number you are giving to your clients in their C lines. Most folk tend to use port 12000 for CCcam and 16001 for CCcam info.

theyre VERY secure compared to cccam, none of this virtual cards stuff

i followed a thread on a***t about people who were cccam clients only, and they were using nearly 3Gb a day data from other people 'leeching' (?) through their receivers

i know i could configure a server, with 20 connections, that wouldnt use that much bandwidth in 2 whole months

Back