why no "0,1 2, p" options when power up N*L250?

cheers

What's the diff between the max232 and max233 chips?

from the seconfd link, which MAX232 chip did you go for - loads listed on the page???

the log that you posted does not have the 1,2 p bit.

I have a modem here exactly the same. The modem hads updated fw on it doesnt it??

It doesnt have to say built by alex to ave the updated non flashable fw.

Sample Order Submitted
Maxim Sample Order Number: xxxxx
Thank you for your sample request. An e-mail has been sent to you informing you about your sample order.

Thank u very much.

This should be under freestuff.

which of th many max232 chips did you order - or will all of them work?

2x MAX233CPP
2x MAX232ACPE

I just guessed, i was going to ask when/if they came although, since were on the subject anybody know if these are any good?

Afaik there were definately previous posts on which chips to buy samples of, back about this time last year or a bit before. IF you are stuck do a bit of digging and u'll find the thread, was probably on an ambit 200 but it had the info. Sorry i cant remember myself and i'm just nippin out so dont have time to search for ya.
Laters.

cheers

What's the diff between the max232 and max233 chips?

from the seconfd link, which MAX232 chip did you go for - loads listed on the page???

MAX232 most of us home made max users use Electrolytic Capacitors.

MAX233 does'nt need any Capacitors in some circuits as you can see from tuts & pics in posts.

try this from Chartman and mark370

Max 232/233 loopback tester is for testing your max232/233 to make sure its working correctly...

Use this to test any com port/ comport interface by connecting TX and RX Together on your max232.233.
I use this for testing my max 232 interfaces. ( won't work on black cat- that's parallel).
Just save the software somewhere and run it.
There is a test string in the data bar at the top .
Put the cursor there and press return.
Without loopback ( or faulty) you will just see 1234567 in ONE colour.
If the loopback is connected and all is working fine, you will see the TX string in one colour and the RX string in a different colour, so you will see 12345671234567.
You can change the baud rate to anything you want but it is set to default to 115,200. Don't F*** with anything else or it will all go pearshaped! You have been warned.!

Hi Gentlex,

Ordered some max232 chips from Maxim.

I changed out the chip to a max232cpe+ type chip. I ran the test script with the rx & tx pins shorted (holding a knife top across them). still only getting blue set of numbers.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the wrong type chip?

Also have max232cpe type chips - these be any better?

i had a few problems with the max232cpe chip, I thought i had bought a dodgy MAX232, but it turned out it liked to run on 5v instead of the 3.3v. Simplest thing to do is find a old USB cable and use this to get the 5v you need.

Hi poolfan,

Did you ever get this working?

I think I have the same problem! doh!
(I'm running via a com port on my pc not via usb though)

Thanks,
Dom

Back