Lose channel and transponder data when switch off mains power

sausages1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a Kryptview A780 and when It is switched off from mains power I lose channel and transponder data. If l do a factory reset and scan I only get about 10 transponders but no channels. The only way I have been able to get around this is to flash with current firmware by null modem. This isn't straight forward because it might take numerous attempts to do this. Then I can rescan as normal. Does anyone have any idea or has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a battery on the mother board that is used to retain memory. Any help would be much appreciated.

i would just put box in standby,it should store and hold channel info,you should not have to keep reflashing it,are you on latest firmware and scanning from direct feed
some areas you might have to factory reset first power off at rear for 30 secs then on and rescan.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I borrowed my mates box and swapped the power supply boards, This swapped over the fault to the other box. I had a look at the power supply and eventually found when checking with a dvm that there are three chokes by the output plug on the board. The middle one appeared to be open circuit but, when l moved it about my meter read 0 ohms. l resoldered the choke and the box now works.

Back