Why does the remote freeze on 5000 pvr

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
OK I cant understand what a warm box has to do with the remote control not working ?

every other day about (40 hours) my remote control wont work on my 5000pvr so I have to turn the box of at the wall for about 10 Min's then it works again.

If I turn the box of at the wall at night times and don't leave it on standby It never seems to freeze (NOT WORK).

This is a very common problem with the eurovox and people say its because of the box getting hot. (Bull shiite)

I cant fathom that a box left on standby is getting to hot and affecting the remote sensor etc (whatever its affecting)

Can someone explain please why the remote is freezing (not working) and if there is anything I can do to fix it its very annoying.

the exact same happened to me the other day mate .i was searching google for a new remote , but then after a hour it started to work again i couldn't work out what was happening,but if your ex5000 pvr is doing the same they must be a problem with 5000 pvr linking with the remote when it gets to warm for some reason but its strange and i cant work it out either

the exact same happened to me the other day mate .i was searching google for a new remote , but then after a hour it started to work again i couldn't work out what was happening,but if your ex5000 pvr is doing the same they must be a problem with 5000 pvr linking with the remote when it gets to warm for some reason but its strange and i cant work it out either

BELIVE ME its not just us 2 theres thousands of posts over the net about after about 6 month all the pvr5000 remotes become unstable ?

As far as I know nobody seems to have solved the problem are worked out why its happening maybe its a problem with the remotes and not the box, When you turn the box of and back on maybe your just kind of refreshing the infra red link are something lol (I haven't a clue what I'm on about).

But you know what I mean surely some clever person that has had a ex5000 has worked it out :proud:

I wish they'd tell me It does my head especially when I'm lying in bed with my headphones on nice and warm at 2am and I have to jump out of bed to change the channel and get frost bytes on my NUTS.

Back