Who is the Stig??

Perry McCarthy, a former Formula 1 driver, was the original Stig, wearing black overalls for his appearances.

Well the original stig was the guy I posted. The new stig will never be revealed, and last night was a hoax. If anyone has ever seen Jenson Button doing the course, he says in his after interview, that no way could the stig be an F1 driver because of the turning apex he uses. So on that evidence alone, I would say that Schumacer is not the stig.

Well the original stig was the guy I posted. The new stig will never be revealed, and last night was a hoax. If anyone has ever seen Jenson Button doing the course, he says in his after interview, that no way could the stig be an F1 driver because of the turning apex he uses. So on that evidence alone, I would say that Schumacer is not the stig.

surly, most F1 drivers are good enough to have more than one driving style. and the Stig, has not driven F1 for some time (if its only one person) as filming, often happens during the F1 season. I doubt schumee was the only stig. but ill bet he was, and will be again, at some time.

schuey? the stig? i'm sure the only car he did drive was the FXX as he works for them. there's no way he is regulary the stig lol

..............ignore this message, sorry

what you trying to achieve?

posting ingnore this message in different threads will get noticed.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/211294/

f_38197spamm_17965e9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC also announced earlier, that they will never reveal who the actual stig is.

As for different driving styles, I dont think its the style, its more how they are taught to take a specific apex through a corner.

As for different driving styles, I dont think its the style, its more how they are taught to take a specific apex through a corner.

If i remember right, Mansell took the same wide line as the stig.
The stig takes the go cart line which Schumie often did in the wet.

Its a wind up but fair play to Schumacher for appearing.
He is a little bit heavier and slightly shorter than last years stig.
I still stand by Ben Collins..

I'd say your Your right and I have it from a good source ;) My Daughters friends father owns Lydden race circuit, apparently Top Gear filmed the show at Lydden when they raced the buses and the stig was walking around off camera without he's helmet on, they say it was Ben Collins

not sure about you, but i can take corners in several ways, dependent on the situation. cant imagine drivers of the standard you find in F1 not being able to do the same. Top F1 drivers change their style, during a race. taking into account how the car is handling. ask L Hamilton, poor guy has to do it in every race atm.

If i remember right, Mansell took the same wide line as the stig.
The stig takes the go cart line which Schumie often did in the wet.

I always thought that it was Mansell. but I'm an old romantic. I'm bummed, i have found out that, for the most part, its was Collins. still a well kept secret though.

not sure about you, but i can take corners in several ways, dependent on the situation. cant imagine drivers of the standard you find in F1 not being able to do the same. Top F1 drivers change their style, during a race. taking into account how the car is handling. ask L Hamilton, poor guy has to do it in every race atm.

I always thought that it was Mansell. but I'm an old romantic. I'm bummed, i have found out that, for the most part, its was Collins. still a well kept secret though.

Big Nigel is still one of my favourite drivers of all time.
Quick, even with that moustache.

Big Nigel is still one of my favourite drivers of all time.
Quick, even with that moustache.

lol, big. thats what stopped his return from Champ car. he could not get into the Mclaren he was contracted to drive. I have a good story on J Clarkson too, with the same problem. ill tell it one day.

I wonder if its the fact that the cars he drove were, capable of driving nose to tail,. without total loss of down force. together with the Reactive suspension. allowing him and Senna to put shows on we don't see any more. but its his "save" in Australia, that will stay with me. he had a blow out at, close to, top speed, as he came into a corner. a front wheel exploded, yet he kept the car straight and true, but hit nothing. even worse, as i recall, he was just a lap or so off winning another world championship. how hard was that to take?

lol, big. thats what stopped his return from Champ car. he could not get into the Mclaren he was contracted to drive. I have a good story on J Clarkson too, with the same problem. ill tell it one day.

I wonder if its the fact that the cars he drove were, capable of driving nose to tail,. without total loss of down force. together with the Reactive suspension. allowing him and Senna to put shows on we don't see any more. but its his "save" in Australia, that will stay with me. he had a blow out at, close to, top speed, as he came into a corner. a front wheel exploded, yet he kept the car straight and true, but hit nothing. even worse, as i recall, he was just a lap or so off winning another world championship. how hard was that to take?

It was very hard for him to take, i remember reading his book and he talks about it quite openly.
The point about the reactive suspension is a very good one and had slipped my mind.
I missed Nigels titanic battles live as i only started to watch f1 just after he left, so i could only see them by season previews and such.

Was it the Britsh GP where Nigel went wheel to wheel with Senna?
If it was then that took balls.

The guy punched way above his weight with Lotus and when given a car that was worthy of his talent he showed just what he could do.

He has been a huge influence on British drivers since then and i believe he helped Coultard out very much in his early days..

It was very hard for him to take, i remember reading his book and he talks about it quite openly.
The point about the reactive suspension is a very good one and had slipped my mind.
I missed Nigels titanic battles live as i only started to watch f1 just after he left, so i could only see them by season previews and such.

Was it the Britsh GP where Nigel went wheel to wheel with Senna?
If it was then that took balls.

The guy punched way above his weight with Lotus and when given a car that was worthy of his talent he showed just what he could do.

He has been a huge influence on British drivers since then and i believe he helped Coultard out very much in his early days..

Senna and number 9 went toe to toe many times. the one i remember was Monaco, they traded, then senna overtook. lap after lap No,9 was only inches from sennas rear wing. i think it was close to 10 laps. not once did the bump. though senna "brake tested" No,9 time and time again. by the look of it afterwards, ignoring No.9 pertinent "knackered" look( after a race anyway), they loved it, every minute.

personally, i miss the Turbos. 1500cc with Oval ceramic pistons and close to 1000bhp in qualifying trim. much closer to 800 for the races though. traction control, active suspension. and two of the best drivers F1 has, or will, ever see. much of the ceramics used in today's engines, trace their birth to these engines. even so Honda used (oval) ceramic piston crowns and ceramic valves, in the NR500cc four stroke GP bike of the early 80's, which also revved to 24000 rpm. so i guess that's their real birth. interestingly, it was a time when Ferrari were less successful (much less). something that seems to happen, when F1 gets really good. well in my view anyway.

I agree don't think it is Schumacher he was just around at the time they filmed that episode and was used as a distraction from the real stig. If you look at both the stig is wider in the shoulders by comparison and taller.
My guess is Micha Hackinen but only time and proof will tell any of us. The press spoilt the last one.

Back