White PS3

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
As many of you know I am currently in Japan. I have been out and about, and have found some white PS3s. I was wondering what people think, should I buy one, or just go for the original black. Also does anyone think this would be a good investment for ebay, white PS3 on ebay, unavailable in the UK, and backwards compatible.

Thoughts please.

Would it be worth the hassle by the time you brought it back here and then sending it to some ebayer etc.??
I'd say if you like the look of it and want one for yourself and can get it for a bargain then yes m8.

Hope you're enjoyin yourself over there m8

Curly

Would it be worth the hassle by the time you brought it back here and then sending it to some ebayer etc.??
I'd say if you like the look of it and want one for yourself and can get it for a bargain then yes m8.

Hope you're enjoyin yourself over there m8

Curly

Yes I am thanks mate, awesome time, and I can get a bargain. lol. Just wondering what others are thinking. And dosen't have to be ebay, could do it privately. Just looking for some opinions really, but general concencious so far seems to be a resounding NO. lol. But as I said, the ones shown are not the backwards compatible ones. So that could be the one that swings it. Or are people not that bothered??

TBH I don't have one yet, but when I do, I like the black one. Goes better with the decor lol

Curly

Yeah Black is certainly better looking. But I thought I could make a quick buck too. Didnt realise so many people already had them. lol. Although most are coming from Hong Kong to. And they are lying about being release today. I saw them on first day I was here.

i didnt know the white ones had backwards compatibility. i thought they dropped it before the white ones were released. what size of drive are in them????

i didnt know the white ones had backwards compatibility. i thought they dropped it before the white ones were released. what size of drive are in them????

There are 3. 20 40 and 60. Only the 40 is not backwards. They have loads of the black ones that are backwards to.

There are 3. 20 40 and 60. Only the 40 is not backwards. They have loads of the black ones that are backwards to.

oh right. i thought the white only came in 40gb model.

you might sell these on ebay because of the backwards compatibility, but its a risk. i would bring back a few white dual shock 3s. i would buy one of those. thought about ordering one from japan

How much is the 60gb in Japan?

Are you gonna have to pay import charges on it?

Japan is region 2? So this should be fine for the UK for blurays?

oh right. i thought the white only came in 40gb model.

you might sell these on ebay because of the backwards compatibility, but its a risk. i would bring back a few white dual shock 3s. i would buy one of those. thought about ordering one from japan

Deedie, give me your details mate, and I will get you one. I will price them tomorrow. Give you my paypal, and take it from there. How that sound?

@Purity, no import tax as I am allowed to bring so much back. Also you can send stuff as gifts, therefore they are exempt from import tax.

Deedie, give me your details mate, and I will get you one. I will price them tomorrow. Give you my paypal, and take it from there. How that sound?

you got pm

Remember blu rays are region encoded so you will need to buy region free blu rays or blu rays from that region and ps2 games are region encoded so not backwards compatabile with uk ps2 games if im correct

Remember blu rays are region encoded so you will need to buy region free blu rays or blu rays from that region and ps2 games are region encoded so not backwards compatabile with uk ps2 games if im correct

this is good point actually.

if you are thinking that you may get more on ebay for them, because they have backwards compatibility. then you wont, because our ps2 games wont play on a jap console anyway. this will be the reason that the ones on ebay dont have backwards compatibility. its still useless to us in this country.

i should have thought of that earlier lol

The UK is region 2, so bluerays will play. And PS2 is region locked?? Thanks for the info.

the ps2 has always been region locked. and this was carried over to the ps3 backwards compatibility

the ps2 has always been region locked. and this was carried over to the ps3 backwards compatibility

Had mine chipped immediately, so didnt really have these issues. Wont be playing PS2 on it anyway. Waste of time IMO.

Back