Which wireless router shall i get?

torrentulla

Inactive User
Reaction score
help! Putting A*l silver on wireless router

After reading some post here i am thinking about getting a wireless router but the thing is i have got AOL silver connection and AOL silver is not supported on wireless networking I read some post here and did some google and find out that it possible to install router on aol silver so I have got some questions about it
1. Which wireless router is perfect for this job
2. How do i configure AOL silver so that i ll be able to install router
3. is there any guide to setup AOL silver wireless

Sorry if these questions already posted here but i did search these question but not able to find perticular help
Thanks in advance
and Merry Christmas

Last edited:
What is AOL Silver? Isit an ADSL or Cable connection? From what I know you can connect any ISP to a router yourself and share with your PC/Laptop

When ISP dont support wireless networking, I think they basically just saying you can set your own up but dont ring us if it dont work.

BT now showing adverts supporting wireless networking this is because they no longer want to be ISPs they wanting to be WISPs.

Yep the W is for wireless.

I have a linksys WAG54g wireless router for ADSL. If your on a cable connection theres plenty of wireless cable routers available just check here Ebuyer.co.uk

Aol Siliver is a ADSL Connection and by Aol saying its not supported that simply means they wont give you no help to set up and any help if problems arrise. If you do buy a router it will work and setting it up is straight forward if you buy certain routers as they detect all your settings automatically Netgear for one. I myself have a Netgear router and a Aol connection and have had no problems as yet.

AOL and router

Any adsl router will do. I'd advise u to get one with a built in modem (makes life easier)

When entering the username and password into the router use [email protected]

If it doesnt autodetect aol (i believe) use PPPoE

Back