Which Lightbulbs do you prefer?

Of course, people perceive colour different too.

A colleague had cataract surgery and said colours changed straight away, with his new lenses.

I think you have to try different lights and select based on your wife and your preference :).

I remember going to the RDS and seeing a wall of light showing the different types of leds bulb strips and every other thing connected with lighting and that was an eye opener seeing them in use.
Never seen it again to show off what bulbs actually do.

If you going for replacement pearl bulbs then around 7 Or 8 watt led I think is old 75 to 100w. Lumens my gu10's are about 330 lumens each. Colour scale around 4000 and above is a nice warm white.

Any one know what these light fittings are?..we had through lounge done so got about 12 of these fitted in ceiling..its white light very bright lol..3 of them have failed, I'm sure they are complete units that need changing , I dont think u cud replace the bulbs. I tried to remove one but are wedged in good..I probably damage the paintwork around the light fitting. Think they are held in position by soring clips..
20191227_094841.jpg

Lidl sometimes have an led standard lamp with one up light and a flexible arm with and led on it for reading goes nicely behind chair and arm can be bent towards chair ideal for reading was around £29 if I remember right

@ Jonney Bravo Your down lights should pull straight down they will be held in place by two springs If tight to come out that will be because the hole is a tight fit the bulb will be held in place with a clip once out you will see the rating on the bulb and can decide to replace at same rating or less powerful I take it you can’t get access from above

I've just changed 10 cool white light 5w led for the Wickes ones I mentioned. The difference is huge. I'd say its twice as bright and a far better natural light. I shall be changing the bathroom ones as well.
The white light is too direct for our kitchen/bathroom. The might be ok in an ikea show room but not for day to day living.

Cool white are awful but I do have GU10 in cool white because the other half likes it very bright
I just changed my old 5ft floro tube batten light in the garage to the new led batten lights. I got the whole fitting complete at Toolstation for £33. It's 4800 lumens and very bright

I ended up trying a Led Gls A60 470 Lumens 5.5W Bc, twas too white and bright for us both.
May try a 60watt halogen bulb next.

Would changing the lamp shades help?.... i have downlighter type where no light shine up...

EDIT: Changed lamp shade to an uplighter,put bulb in that was too bright previously and now its ok,but not bright enough ...
I'll sort it one way or another for her.

Last edited:
Back