Which Lightbulbs do you prefer?

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
Missus asked if we can go all daylight bulbs in the house,
We have one dim bulb tv side of room and a 100 watt other side of room for reading.
Everywhere else is the old 60 watt bulbs (not equivalent,but actual old bulbs)
Any point going daylight bulbs,?

100 watt and old 60 is burning loads , LED is the way forward

Time to switch over @ukbob ;)

Trouble is you need to see the led in action as to what light it produces,and still have an old 200 watt bulb with nice heat.

You must be burning some real energy with those old type bulbs. These days you can easily get bulbs that look like the old type with no need to go for tube type. If you don't want the change the fittings to go to something like gu10 just change the bulb. Something like a 7w led buld with in warm white and you will be only using 7% of the energy of the 100w. Try one at a time to make sure you are happy with the colour. I don't like cool white colour other than in the bath room as they are too clinical looking.

I have LED white GU10 lightbulbs x10 in the kitchen and tbh I'm gonna try warm lightbulbs.
And same as kegnkiwi I find them too sharp and clinical showroom type light

Dont you find if you dont get the same types of led's the light they offer differs?

I have under abinet led strip lights and there I prefer the white light its personal preference I suppose. Warm light in my eyes let's of a more warm/cosy homely feel light

Missus asked if we can go all daylight bulbs in the house,
We have one dim bulb tv side of room and a 100 watt other side of room for reading.
Everywhere else is the old 60 watt bulbs (not equivalent,but actual old bulbs)
Any point going daylight bulbs,?
I thought you was still using candles bob. You posh git. 😉

Mix and match halogen leds warm and bright all show different light

There has been talk recently of LED lights being bad for your eyes. Even if they give off a 'warm' light, they lack the lower infra red frequencies that are present in natural daylight and incandescent lighting and might be a bit heavy on the UV.
And I'm tending to agree. I have LED bulbs on my work bench. I find after a couple of hours when I walk out into the dark hallway I get the impression I've been in the sun without sunglasses and it takes my eyes a few minutes to adjust.
I still have some halogen bulbs kicking about somewhere, going to try them for a bit & see if it makes any difference.
at this time of year a wee bit of extra heat is also welcome.

You must be burning some real energy with those old type bulbs. These days you can easily get bulbs that look like the old type with no need to go for tube type. If you don't want the change the fittings to go to something like gu10 just change the bulb. Something like a 7w led buld with in warm white and you will be only using 7% of the energy of the 100w. Try one at a time to make sure you are happy with the colour. I don't like cool white colour other than in the bath room as they are too clinical looking.

Thanks everyone,
I don't want to change the fittings so i'll be going with kegnkiwis recommendation,
Plus i'll be using less energy...

You want to see the bulb my parents just got for their kitchen.

It must be in the whitest part of the colour temperature range.

It looks horrific.

You want to see the bulb my parents just got for their kitchen.

It must be in the whitest part of the colour temperature range.

It looks horrific.

Any idea what lumens/wattage they are?
i'm thinking of going 75watt all round the house,

Not sure @ukbob, looks terrible though.

Club I used to play snooker in changed all the strip lights to polar white and it was horrible. They got changes back to "warm".

This seems a bit overkill, I wouldn't select a temperature and lumen rating for each room:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I'll be buying a few different ones at the weekend,i shouldn't waste too much money.
Problem is missus as glaucoma in one eye and likes reading,i have to help her as best i can..
Otherwise i'd stay as i am..

Back